litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Gulf Colours Elise

cjwjames

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hethel was the first registered keeper i expect it was a Lotus Managers car. As it came out of the factory like it, i would consider it a plus re the colour scheme? Besides that if you like it buy it. The only problem i can see is if you want to sell it again quickly? If its a keeper buy it for your own taste. It may or may not have an impact come resale time though?

I think it looks a treat. 

Never seen a "2.5" painted like that, and it really brings out the central spine on the front.

I always liked the spine detail of the older cars, and it's got less and less pronounced over the years.

A few observations, that might make you want to be extra careful on history.

- it's KX registered not AU, which means it was first registered at Silverstone not Hethel. 

- The exact car went up for sale in Feb 2013, with 16k miles on the clock. B+C Wanted £26,995 at the time: http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/cars-for-sale/details-of-2010-lotus-elise-sc-gulf-colours.htm?id=unrhws52ml

So the "I have covered 2k in dry weather only" doesn't quite stack up. (Unless of course he meant I've driven 2k miles in the dry, and 2k miles in the wet ;) )

I'm not a fan I'm afraid! Gulf colours are the preserve of GT40's in my mind. I know loads of other cars have worn that colour scheme, but on a Lotus, it's just not right. Just my 2 pence worth...

I'm not a fan I'm afraid! Gulf colours are the preserve of GT40's in my mind. I know loads of other cars have worn that colour scheme, but on a Lotus, it's just not right. Just my 2 pence worth...

I'm with you on that

Opinions on the colour scheme aside, I've seen the car a few times and chatted with the owner. It is a very well looked after car and money has certainly been spent where needed.

If you're after an SC I'd say it's a well looked after one. The paint work is good and the car looks great - it depends whether you like the idea of a Gulf colour scheme on an Elise, and I think that will always divide opinion.

i can tell you where that car came from as i sold it from new!!( well i ordered it for a customer)

The description says it was owned by lotus originally doesn't it?

Not even on a Scamp? :D

post-556-0-52030700-1433265034_thumb.jpg

Not even on a Scamp? :D

I'll make ONE exception! That looks pretty good! I really must have a screw loose to like them, but I can't help it????

Archived