litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Never Ceases To Amaze Me

Dr H

The 340R has been laid up for far too long - about 7 months I think wacko.png. So today I took the cover off, unplugged the battery charger, checked for any leaks and pressed the starter.

For a car with an engine not known for it's ultimate reliability and one that gets used so little (this is also supposed to be very bad for an engine's reliability) I always expect something to go pop.

But yet again, it started on the button and settled into a nice (slightly lumpy idle). Time to tax it and get it driven!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave - did you used to be down in Oxfordshire somewhere or am I imaging that?

You can all blame me for the shit weather forecast tomorrow - always happens when I think about getting the 340R out ......

We'll have to have a run out sometime.

Dave - did you used to be down in Oxfordshire somewhere or am I imaging that?

You can all blame me for the shit weather forecast tomorrow - always happens when I think about getting the 340R out ......

We'll have to have a run out sometime.

Count me in, although the road to Leighs from us is currently shut for the next two weeks!!

Thanks for reminding me - have to take my son to Ibstock in the morning and had forgotten.

Could be a convoy of the shiniest cars on MLOC? Make sure its not raining    smile.png   I bet that VHPD noise made you smile as well Leigh?

Have to say it's better than the Honda.

I lived in Swindon back in the 90s Leigh, when I had my first S1, then a couple of years in Bedfordshire, but otherwise I've been in Leics since 2003..

Let me know when you fancy a run - Paul has mentioned the Classic Car meet at Weston on Trent next Thursday on the other thread (and the forecast is currently very good) :)

Bloody hell Leigh, put that cover back on and the battery charger!!!!

It's absolutely wazzing it down here!!!!

Always happens when I even consider taking it out mad.gif

Archived