litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Thoughts On Buying An Evora Gts?

adesmith

Well I think it looks amazing.

Only downside for me would be its a left hooker....

And only that would stop me buying it...

I love the cage, seats, race car look, but something like that would need to be driven on track, lots.... :-)

Too race car to be tucked up as an investment...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that one is a real one, but per exemple the front bumper is badly resolved, the wheel choice, does look very heavy. Ok it is a true track car, but looking wise, it is not perfect ... 

The wheels are just the standard n/a evora ones on the green gts - which I don't think is correct. I have a second set of 18/18 gtn/gts wheels which is the correct team dynamics wheels for track etc.

The reason my front oil cooler vents are different to the gte car as they were worried about the corners cracking ( there is no support around the hole)- I thought originally mine where going to be like the green car - I have photo's somewhere of that car being built I can send you if you buy it!

Also I wouldn't use a car with a roll cage on the road, you need to wear a helmet with a roll cage otherwise it's very bad in a crash.

I've still not put the third brake light on the car. I'm still trying to come up with a neater solution to go in the top slat of the rear hatch. (Not a legal requirement to have a third brake (just needs to work if you have one!)

I've still not put the third brake light on the car. I'm still trying to come up with a neater solution to go in the top slat of the rear hatch. (Not a legal requirement to have a third brake (just needs to work if you have one!)

Didn't realise that. One of the main reasons I didn't put the wing on mine.

Just to say that LHD really isn't an obstacle on UK roads in a powerful car. I had an Integrale and never had problems with visibility or overtaking...

I know. That's what I meant. I might go and see it, it's only 10 miles from me.

Its worth going to see Dean, if its that close just to see one.

Apparently the rear quarters need respraying. Tell them you are having a look on behalf of me (been talking to Mark there). It may get you the keys :o)

So I spoke to John Danby at John Danby Racing - thoroughly nice guy.

He was offered this exact car in exchange for his Evora race car but turned it down due to the fact it was a bit of a "mish mash" of race and road parts so it didn't really know what it wanted to be.

He also reckoned there was very little weight difference if anything between mine and this so there would be no noticeable performance difference. Any weight removed was added back with the cage.

In summary he said he would give it a miss. Its also missing the motorsport wheels which would need to be sourced to bring it back to how it left the factory which would add to the price.

I was looking at £22K to change and John reckoned my money would be better off just buying the GT4 kit if thats what I wanted.

If I wanted some more power out of the car I should be looking at piston and conrod changes as these are the restricting factor on the engine. 

well I "may" have made them an offer but nowhere near the price they are asking.

Its a 2013 car at the end of the day with a good kit and suspension / race parts all fitted and the all important motorsport plaque so lets see if they are interested in taking me up on it.

Archived