litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Thoughts On Buying An Evora Gts?

adesmith

Only one of three and only one in Europe. 

Makes the GTE 350 look common wub.gif 

www.autotrader.co.uk .. /cw57ga/channel/cars?logcode=p

Would I be stupid to think of buying this? From a rarity point of view I see it up there with the GTE 350 but at £30K less. Granted it is the ugly sister of the GTE but with only 3 in the world would it be a silly idea to think it may hold its value or even go up?

Not sure what the GTE guys think will happen with theirs?

I know it is NOT practical at all but it IS very unique and I reckon as a car to take to shows it would be pretty well received.

I have been offered a very good P/X for mine against it which makes me think (a) thats a bloody good deal or (B) they can't sell the thing.

Email from Lotus Race Manager below....
Yes this particular vehicle was purchased by Mr Yusuf direct from us at Lotus,

It was purchased as a special build road car so he could get familiar with the Evora as he waited for his new race car to be built

The car was originally built as a track day version of the road car ( called GTS ) but with a few modifications we were able to get the car through an IVA test and therefore road legal, the car was issued with a V5 etc

I don’t believe the car covered many miles during the customers ownership

It is truly a ‘one off’ car

If you need anything else let me know

Kind regards

Russell Gibbons – Race Sales Manager

HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! Mate at work thinks I will lose a fortune and not be able to sell it sad.gif 

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its looks great but being left hand drive would put me off, both using it on the road and for ease of resale. That said you only live once so if you can afford it why not, it just might take a bit longer than normal to sell on I suspect, doubt it would command a premium when sold though, especially with the new powerful models coming out.

Boo nobody I have spoken to has said YES GET IT sad.png

I suppose I saw the limited number and the fact I could have a RACING CAR in my garage as a reason.......perhaps I had better rethink. I bet I couldn't even change gear in a left hooker.

Ade, it is a nice thing but as already said you will struggle come selling time between the spec and LHD. There is still Newcastles GTEsmile.png

Gav

Ade, it is a nice thing but as already said you will struggle come selling time between the spec and LHD. There is still Newcastles GTEsmile.png

Gav

Is yours left hand drive though Gav?

Lotus motorsport built mine from new to the same exterior spec, but still normal and useable inside. 

I was there Chris....saw it before you ;o)

No mines RHD, didn't want LHD as it's my only car but had to accept ips, which I'm getting used to.

Gav

Ah! I was sure one of the GTE buyers bought a left hooker. I can't justify £85K though. Mrs would leave me. I suppose you have had the same thoughts around residuals?

Chris yours is stunning,I remember drooling over it last year!

Gav kirbys will be lhd,as is malcolms. My thoughts on residuals is that for not much more than a new car , for which the cost of the cf bits makes up most, the residuals have got to be better than a normal car.

Gav

Chris yours is stunning,I remember drooling over it last year!

Gav kirbys will be lhd,as is malcolms. My thoughts on residuals is that for not much more than a new car , for which the cost of the cf bits makes up most, the residuals have got to be better than a normal car.

Gav

No 50/50 on it though? That would be tempting!!!!

Lotus motorsport built mine from new to the same exterior spec, but still normal and useable inside. 

I was very interested in your middle brake light. Was looking at the rear wing myself and they were saying they fit Seat Leon lights (if yours is fitted under the wing).

Afraid not,limited warranty as well as it's a motor sport car.

Gav

Nightmare!!!! 

A gamble in so many ways, even I have to admit my lotus problem may be getting out of hand now! Hoping to stick with no 9 for a bit lol.

Gav

Spec is good, but Chris' car is much better in term of design, the one for sale does not really look good ...

The difference with Chris' is that his is a standard Evora which has the GTN kit on it where this is a REAL GTS and has this special little plaque....

17205824983_3c9f82a629_b.jpg

Archived