litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Larini Exhaust!

Meister

My beast has the hangar signature on I it, it doesn't sound very track friendly to me, although the website says it does. Il have to get one of you lovely lot do a drive by for me, it always seems noisier inside the cockpit I guess...

I'd love to do Bedford.... Any in car footage Mark.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My beast has the hangar signature on I it, it doesn't sound very track friendly to me, although the website says it does. Il have to get one of you lovely lot do a drive by for me, it always seems noisier inside the cockpit I guess...

Scatty - Bedford has a really low drive by and to be honest I don't think this Larini track V2 is anywhere near as loud as the 'Clubsport' I had in the 111 S so I really don't understand why I got the noise board, but give it try!

I have a little footage of me trying to catch Ian in his LF1, I'll try and post it later.

Mark

Here you go Scatty...one lap of Bedford chasing the Leg end that is IanC in his LF1!

The occasional short shifting and swerving off line is to avoid the noise meters.......

https://youtu.be/k0yQYCbY7wk

Here you go Scatty...one lap of Bedford chasing the Leg end that is IanC in his LF1!

The occasional short shifting and swerving off line is to avoid the noise meters.......

Exhaust sounds sweet to me !! :/

Hi Colin

Exhaust does sound sweet....but unfortunately too sweet for the noise meters at Bedford!!

Are you sure it's the exhaust tipping the meters? And not the supercharger whine?

Yup, i would expect its the induction as well.

Martin & Alex

I really don't think it's induction noise though I had done Bedford loads of times prior to the Larini being fitted?

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

1st Trackday Bedford driveby limit 88db - No problems

2nd Trackday Bedford driveby limit 88db - No problems

3rd Trackday Bedford driveby limit 88db - Noise board twice have to short shift by noise meters

4th Trackday Donington driveby 98db - Black flagged and sent home after 4 laps and triggering the noise meters at 101db!!! Now that's loud!

Given that the Larini Track V2 is sold as a 'track friendly' exhaust and costs £630, do you think I should be following this up?

Mark

PS - Totally standard car, no modifications Exige 240S 2009.

How far are the noise meters from the track at Bedford? The pit lane straight noise meter at Donny is a killer.... Also are you 100% sure it's not induction. This is something a few of the lads will be able to confirm next Wednesday. Might be worth borrowing a noise meter for the day and replicating the distance of the meters at both tracks, that would be very interesting data.

UPDATE!

1st Trackday Bedford driveby limit 88db - No problems

2nd Trackday Bedford driveby limit 88db - No problems

3rd Trackday Bedford driveby limit 88db - Noise board twice have to short shift by noise meters

4th Trackday Donington driveby 98db - Black flagged and sent home after 4 laps and triggering the noise meters at 101db!!! Now that's loud!

Given that the Larini Track V2 is sold as a 'track friendly' exhaust and costs £630, do you think I should be following this up?

Mark

PS - Totally standard car, no modifications Exige 240S 2009.

I think a lot of your problem will be the factory supercharger whine, that will be adding to the DB's.  Prior to the exhaust you were probably ok, but the two together is tipping the meters.  This was a big positive for the aftermarket kit I have on my car, the Rotrex supercharger is near silent so I could get away with a much more free flowing exhaust on track.

How far are the noise meters from the track at Bedford? The pit lane straight noise meter at Donny is a killer.... Also are you 100% sure it's not induction. This is something a few of the lads will be able to confirm next Wednesday. Might be worth borrowing a noise meter for the day and replicating the distance of the meters at both tracks, that would be very interesting data.

Jonny

It's probably a combination of the two but.....I have the standard air filter etc so how can I reduce that (induction)?

Also does anyone else have a supercharge Exige who tracks a lot without the standard exhaust and if so what make?

TIA

Mark

Archived