litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Elise S2 Bridgestone Tyre Presure

cjwjames

I currently Run the OE Bridgestone on my S2 ( I think DeanB also does the same) what is the general consensus on tyre pressure do you run them at manufacturers specified PSI. or slightly under to give a better grip ?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read i should run them 26F 29R is this standard pressure? I don't know much yet as i have only just had the car. It feels alot better than the 31psi l around which it previously was anyway!

No problem,

Whilst you are adjusting the pressure have a look at the date code on the tyre, is 4 digits indicating month and year of manufacture.

There is much debate over how old you can let the tyre get before performance drops, but at least you will have an idea of the age

Secondly, if they are the tyres specific for Lotus, they will have LTS after where is says RE040. Again, loads of people get on fine with none LTS tyres, but you will know what is on the car

Apologies if stating something you already know.

No problem i didnt know about the LTS, . Had some bone hards tyres on a Civic type R once and it was horrible, they had gone off because of age.

My tyres look (and feel) pretty brand new but i will check the dates. Thanks for the info

Yeah, manual states higher than I was advised by Steve Guglielmi to run mine at, I always ran them at 25r / 23f and was happy with them, no adverse treadwear.

Yeah, 4211 will be week 42 of 2011.

The temperature stated in the manual works well, but some people say it gives uneven tyre wear (centre of tyre wearing more). I run standard temperatures and get pretty even wear, with track days taking more tread off the edges of the tyre to even things out. Ymmv.

Archived