litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ride Height For Elise S1 With Bilstein/eibach S2 Suspension Upgrade

Johnny Boy

Hi There

Just upgraded suspension on my S1 from original Konis to the Bilstein/Eibach S2 suspension upgrade with new mounts/brackets.

Car drives well but ride height is 120 rear and 140 front. I was expecting it to be the same ie 120 front and rear.

Does anyone know what should ride height be post upgrade ?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Alex says something is not right. I would expect the ride height to be to be approx the same front and rear? Probably around 140mm. Are the dampers new? Check the part numbers. Toyota and K series ones are different lengths IIRC.

Hi thanks so far,

I have fitted the Elise Parts brackets, I am sure I have fitted the correct way, but will check again.

Will also check part numbers on shocks. The front shocks measure 355 mm from top bolt to bottom bolt.

IIRC the rear shock were shorter than the fronts.

Once again, thanks for assistance.

Martyn,

Thanks for swift reply, I will check it all tomorrow. The wheels have been on and off that car twenty times now (also fitted new Brake discs/pads).

Determined to get to bottom of it.

Pretty sure I fitted the ones that said Front to the Front.

Got to sign off as a bottle of beer and dinner is waiting. Wife has summoned me twice now.

When I fitted mine the Lotus quoted ride height was 130mm all round, so 10mm lower than the original Konis. If I remember correctly I think the front brackets were still the same as used for the Konis but the rears had holes in a different position. Eliseparts do a number of different brackets, depending on which Bilsteins you have and to provide various ride heights. The car should at the very least sit level but most people suggest an amount of forward rake is preferable so maybe something like120mm front and 130mm rear depending on how big the speed bumps are near you!

Keep hold of your standard brackets in case you upgrade to other S1 dampers in the future (I made the mistake of not keeping mine, luckily junks had 1 set so I can fit my nitrons now)

Archived