litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Which Exhaust ? Should I Go For

cjwjames

I did some digging on here and elsewhere and found some good reports of H111 signature exhaust. One or two people even said they preferred it to 2bular in direct comparison, although in fairness Jim's stuff does get the best reviews. My problem is a complete lack of patience so I ordered an H111 last night. Should be here by Monday. I might even have time to fit it before Oulton on Tuesday :)

I'm looking forward to the sound in conjunction with the Hurricane induction kit I fitted yesterday :))

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

******UPDATE *****

Ok jim did quote two weeks delivery from my e mail order to 2tubler .. and in reality it was nearer 4 weeks ( But everybody on here said its worth the wait ) and IMO 4 weeks for a made to order exhaust is not a bad leadtime.

Well folks it arrived today like a work of art .. and is now with GAV @ Unit 4 , to be fitted so cant wait to see and hear the result and im sure it will live up to the reputation and positive feedback given on this site .. so will update soon

******UPDATE *****

Ok jim did quote two weeks delivery from my e mail order to 2tubler .. and in reality it was nearer 4 weeks ( But everybody on here said its worth the wait ) and IMO 4 weeks for a made to order exhaust is not a bad leadtime.

Well folks it arrived today like a work of art .. and is now with GAV @ Unit 4 , to be fitted so cant wait to see and hear the result and im sure it will live up to the reputation and positive feedback given on this site .. so will update soon

***UPDATE***

I have just driven the fifty miles home from GAV @ unit 4 the exhaust is awesome sounds fantastic and I am told that it will get better after some miles

I have to say with all that said about Jim Valentine he came good in my hour of need when we had an initial problem with the exhaust he stepped up to the plate and responded straight away so at this point I would say if you need an exhaust you owe it to yourself to speak with JIM on the phone before you make your decission so glade I went 2tubler

To even things out a little, I am also over the moon with my Larini!

Likewise my Hangar 111 signature. Miles of smiles every time I take the Exige for a drive. I'm at Oulton on the 20th so I'll report back on sound levels once it's been metered.

I think exhaust note, like many things with cars is entirely subjective. If it works for you it's the right choice.

Archived