litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S2 Cam Change

Deanb182

Hi.

My exige has recently developed an issue on cam change. As soon as it hits 6000 RPM, it engages but the shift light comes on and hits the limiter.

I have narrowed this down to the coolant temp sensor, as during driving there is no reading displayed on the stack, as though its still warming up. However, if i leave it to idle the temperature will be displayed from 70c and rise to normal which allows me to rev, and drive the car to it's normal rev limit with the cam engaging as it should. The only issue is as soon as i start driving the temperature reading starts to drop and within minutes it's below 70c and disappears. The car then become restricted again. I'm going to change the coolant sensor, just wondered if anyone has every experienced this same problem? 

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it gets up to temp standing still and drops when you're moving, it's not going to be the sender. I would be going straight for the stat. 

Archived