litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Just How Many Knocks Are Normal

jako999

Hi all just a quick question I've had my Elise SC for a few days now and as we all know the roads or should we say the pot holes with the odd bit of tarmac that is left are not the best. The question is just how many knocks and banks from the suspension should I get I try and avoid the big ones but even the small ones sound and feel like they are causing damage. I'm used to hard suspension I've had several Porsches, Brabus and so on if its normal that's fine but some of the bangs almost sound like its bottoming out.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TADTS I'm afraid. The design of the aluminium tub seems to amplify the noise. If you avoid the big potholes it doesn't do any damage. Big potholes can and do knock the geo out (as on all cars really). Often when that happens you will notice uneven tyre wear (this happened to me). A geo set up cured it

They sound a lot worse, and you get used to it after a while - I remember being worried on a test drive and the Chrissy Neil guy said "TADTS" - went home and looked it up.

So yeah - try and miss the big ones.

Archived