litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

It Now Costs Less To Retain Your Personalised Registration!

a7esk

Oooh, Golf R - congrats Kieran - very quick car indeed. Did you go for the DSG or manual gearbox?

Cheers Eric, it's for the wife. She really wanted a Evora but I didn't want to feel guilty leaving it outside all year round.

We took allot of time thinking / driving them and ordered a manual in Lapis blue.

Had a few extras to make it stand out like winter pack, panoramic roof, reverse camera satnav, dynamic audio and suspension.

Really looking forward to it. The dsg felt really good but maybe a little to smooth on shifts. It felt seamless.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Eric, it's for the wife. She really wanted a Evora but I didn't want to feel guilty leaving it outside all year round.

We took allot of time thinking / driving them and ordered a manual in Lapis blue.

Had a few extras to make it stand out like winter pack, panoramic roof, reverse camera satnav, dynamic audio and suspension.

Really looking forward to it. The dsg felt really good but maybe a little to smooth on shifts. It felt seamless.

Good choice.  I had a test drive in a new TT a few weeks ago (with a view to possibly ordering a new TTS, with its stonking 305 bhp 2 litre monster engine) and that car had a DSG gearbox.  And, yes, whilst it was quite amusing to switch from full lazy auto mode to paddle shift mode, it still wasn't anywhere near as satsifying as changing gears with a mechanically connected stick!!

It's worth just adding that I chose to go for the Evora instead :-).

Good choice. I had a test drive in a new TT a few weeks ago (with a view to possibly ordering a new TTS, with its stonking 305 bhp 2 litre monster engine) and that car had a DSG gearbox. And, yes, whilst it was quite amusing to switch from full lazy auto mode to paddle shift mode, it still wasn't anywhere near as satsifying as changing gears with a mechanically connected stick!!

It's worth just adding that I chose to go for the Evora instead :-).

I agree Eric the 2.0 300bhp vw audi lump pulls like a train and feels much more connected with a manual box.

I'm very jealous. Had we moved last year and got a double garage We too would have gone for the Evora. Would look great along side my exige.

I'm very jealous.

I agree Eric the 2.0 300bhp vw audi lump pulls like a train and feels much more connected with a manual box.

I'm very jealous. Had we moved last year and got a double garage We too would have gone for the Evora. Would look great along side my exige.

I'm very jealous.

Snap - well almost.  A double garage was at the top of my "must haves" list when I bought this place back in 2006.  Even though I had just the one car at the time, I knew that would soon change, and sure enough I bought my first Exige S the same year!!

Sold the Megane last Thursday, so now back down to two cars and chomping at the bit waiting for the Evora registration to come though.  DVLA - pah.

Snap - well almost. A double garage was at the top of my "must haves" list when I bought this place back in 2006. Even though I had just the one car at the time, I knew that would soon change, and sure enough I bought my first Exige S the same year!!

Sold the Megane last Thursday, so now back down to two cars and chomping at the bit waiting for the Evora registration to come though. DVLA - pah.

Yeah we looked at moving last year but with the wedding it was allot to get done in the same year.

I've got her rcz hopefully going in the next few weeks so I think she will be stuck driving her mums Ka untill July when the Golf's built. We were lucky that our dealer had a build slot otherwise it was the end of October.

Hope they pull their finger out for you pal

Hope they pull their finger out for you pal

Thanks mate.

Just to let everyone know about this though.  There a great new online service (still in Beta as yet) from the DVLA that lets you check the tax and MOT status of any vehicle, knowing just the registration number and make, here.....

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Seems to be linked to the DVLA's main database, so updates are pretty much real-time.

Thanks mate.

Just to let everyone know about this though. There a great new online service (still in Beta as yet) from the DVLA that lets you check the tax and MOT status of any vehicle, knowing just the registration number and make, here.....

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Seems to be linked to the DVLA's main database, so updates are pretty much real-time.

I used this recently to find out the Elise's not date rather than digging the paper work out. Seems to work very well

Archived