litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Jeremy Clarkson Suspended (Nlc)

Mark H

I agree Reg, however if you punched your team leader/ boss you would be sacked on the spot and face police charges, he is just a person and should be treated the same.

I love Top Gear and Jezza is one of the reasons I watch it, but if they brought in Chris Evans (rumoured) and it kept the rest of the crew then would I switch off, no I would give it a few weeks to see if it was still as good.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Reg, however if you punched your team leader/ boss you would be sacked on the spot and face police charges, he is just a person and should be treated the same.

That's my view exactly. Jezza needs to get his head out of his arse and join a boxing club if he wants to go around punching people!

I'm guessing he'll pull the 'I was drunk' card, and blame the stress of his job on the boozing... ZZZZzzzzz

E. ;)

The more I read about this the more I think this whole situation has been engineered by Danny Cohen, who, coincidentally, hates JC's guts and also holds the position of BBC director of television. I think he has been looking for a way to elbow JC since BBC Worldwide bought the major stake in TGTV and, in Cohen's eyes, no longer need Clarkson to broadcast the show. Can you really see Clarkson picking a proper fight with anyone? The man's a coward and a self confessed one at that. The whole thing reeks! My personal feeling is that neither JC or the Beeb have the slightest hope of maintaining a tenable relationship, so, Clarkson will go elsewhere. He writes for Murdoch in the Times, who also has a major share in Sky.... It doesn't take a great leap of imagination to see where this could lead. I put this idea to an acquaintance who reads the news for one of the national BBC radio stations and whilst she didn't confirm this categorically, she did confirm it was common knowledge within the corporation that Danny Cohen has a vehement dislike of Jeremy Clarkson. I watch with interest to see the outcome.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived