litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Can Nss V1's Be Refurbished?

Gary ZBJ

Now my car is gone I have a few bits and bobs to sell on (Hurricane, micro mirror, spare wheels)

Just wondering if the NSS are worth anything?

I have contacted Nitron but not heard anything back yet, so thought I would ask on here.

They went through the MOT ok in August and Guglielmi's said they were fine but I would only go through the expense of fitting them to a car if they could be fully rebuilt as new including new springs.

Gary

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 50k, the powdercoating on the springs etc have gone in a lot of places and they are pretty corroded, they would need to be fitted with a Geo and I wouldn't go to that expense without them being rebuilt

(the springs are corroded, the dampers seem visually fine)

Not sure what V1s are. The earlier Nitrons that were on my car couldn't be rebuilt. If it helps identify them, mine with blue with a gold damper adjuster, with 12 clicks from hard to soft. The adjuster was a knurled wheel with a screwdriver slot as well.

The street series have a knurled adjuster on the bottom, around the main shaft.

Mine are the original ones, visually the new ones have blue springs, mine are black. Not sure what the difference is between the two revisions.

Doesn't sound like yours are streets, as mine have (I recollect) 30 clicks from hard to soft

For the value of them, and the cost Nitron list on their site for servicing the NTRs, I suspect these also won't be serviceable, but it seems a waste to chuck them in the landfill so fingers crossed

Just tried to PM you Miles but it says you can't receive any new messages???

I will take some pictures tonight and email them over to you, then you can let me know what you think.

I just phoned Nitron to ask about NSS 2s, and they are rebuildabe. They recommend rebuilds every 10,000 miles or 2 years, £95 + VAT a corner. Perhaps NSS 1s are the same?

Just tried to PM you Miles but it says you can't receive any new messages???

I will take some pictures tonight and email them over to you, then you can let me know what you think.

Sorry Gary my inbox was full!

I'll drop you a PM now, thanks.

Archived