litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

That's Cheap For A 340R

Dr H

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought this when i looked at it. Its been up for sale a few times if its the same one?

You looking at adding to your collection?

Nope! If I did it would have to be an S1 Exige!

Get it bought! How would you insure and tax it for the journey back?

Insurance companies love to take your money, so I see no problem there. As for road tax, it's not registered in the UK, so wouldn't need it to drive home. (?)

Okay, but is it easy to get the V5 again after the re import ? And does the insurrance consider the car as an import ? 

Should be fairly straight forward I would have thought. Reg no, chassis number, engine number etc.We imported a brand new VW from Denmark many years ago (when you could buy them over there in full UK spec for a lot less money and import them in) as far as I member getting the V% was a pretty painless process.

I think the 340R was originally a UK car so maybe it wouldn't be considered an import for insurance purposes, especially if you find details of which dealer sold it / first registered it.

I was interested and had quite a bit of contact with the seller. I came to the conclusion that I didn't trust him and so I bought elsewhere.

It's pretty straightforward, insure it on the chassis number and trailer it home. All you need to do once your home is MOT it and fill in the relevant form, pay your road tax and you're done.

Archived