litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Afr Gauge

Alex B

I have a spare gauge slot along side my oil pressure/temp gauge so was thinking of running an afr gauge.

Now my map isn't setup to run lambda however the sensor is still in place.

Two questions:

Are they idiot proof when it comes to installation?

Who else runs one?

Also running standard lambda sensor.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex, im not sure a normal lambda is sensitive enough to run a AFR guage? Buy a wideband and the gubbins. It will also map itself if you do with an Emerald :)

Hmm, might be worth doing then. You running wide band?

Hmm, might be worth doing then. You running wide band?

If i had the money i would be. New ZZRs and Sprint entry costs have cleaned me out. I also need to fit the additional electric water pump yet.

If i had the money i would be. New ZZRs and Sprint entry costs have cleaned me out. I also need to fit the additional electric water pump yet.

Martin

How are you getting on with the ZZR's, I've been considering a set?

Mark

I run ZZR's on the Elise, I love them.... Much cheaper than A048's and I feel they are a better tyre with more progressive feedback and loads of grip :tup:

Martin 

Let me know in due course what you think.

Where did you buy them from?

Avon themselves. Im not sure if you have to be in the series to get them from there though. This is about Alexs AFR guage BTW. Sorry Alex     :)    tongue.gif

No worries Martin.

Time for a Seloc search I think.

You will be there a long time    smile.png     There are a couple of recommended makes and a couple to avoid IIRC. I have a feeling DR H has one on one of his cars?

Edit, from a quick search, Stack, Tech Edge and PLX are worth a look

Alex - Martin is correct, I run a wideband with my Emerald on the 340R. Wasn't too difficult to wire up to be honest. Only a couple of extra wires and pins. I don't run a gauge but I would have though that would be fairly simple thing to add.

I bought a tech edge controller and a Bosch Wideband.

The Innovate wideband was the one that people used to have issues with, not sure if it still the case.

Alex - Martin is correct, I run a wideband with my Emerald on the 340R. Wasn't too difficult to wire up to be honest. Only a couple of extra wires and pins. I don't run a gauge but I would have though that would be fairly simple thing to add.

I bought a tech edge controller and a Bosch Wideband.

The Innovate wideband was the one that people used to have issues with, not sure if it still the case.

Where did you source the bits from Leigh ?

Eliseparts and hanger111 don't sell them.

I got the lambda system from here: http://trigger-wheels.com/store/contents/en-uk/d27.html

I bought the Tech Edge 2J2 with the Bosch sensor - the £165 option currently. Can't remember what I paid

They also do some gauges and connectors etc. I quite like the LA1 gauge.

Pretty sure it was the Innovate Lc-1that used to have issues with the Emerald. Not sure about this one.

EDIT - just read the description and it is an LC-1 in that listing. Have a google and see what you find but I'm sure Dave Walker told me they weren't great.

Archived