28th - 30th June 2024

What Is Your Favourite Mod?

DeanB

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 very different 1's for me.

Driving experience wise the move from blistein to ohlins suspension, so much more stable and quick in the corners on track.

Pleasure of ownership the colour change from Oem aubergine to porche Rivera blue paint colour as the shape and lines of the car stand out so much more and contrast the black wheels/mesh/ wings etc.

Oh and maybe the engine mounts improving the gear change, or the short shift on my old Elise...........damn I loved that gear change

Snick,click,click, I felt like a race car driver :)

Surely it is easier to drive a powerful rwd car with an lsd? I would have thought you avoid a lot of the problems in cotrolling the car when only one wheel spins up under power leaving only one driven wheel which will have a steering effect? and then it all suddenly and unpredictably changing again when the spinning wheel grips again? or the other wheel loses traction?

I'm no expert (Dan is though, maybe he will shed some light) but I thought that was the main advantage other than improving traction overall and thereby laptime.

People say they can induce understeer but I didn't notice any when I drove Russ' on track.

For Gods sake Dean dont start Dan off on this subject again     laugh.png         I expect it will be better with an LSD. However the sprint was the first time i had used one in anger. It only went in over this Winter. I expect it will get a full test at Snetterton     :)

For Gods sake Dean dont start Dan off on this subject again     :lol:         I expect it will be better with an LSD. However the sprint was the first time i had used one in anger. It only went in over this Winter. I expect it will get a full test at Snetterton     :)

lmao!

THIS! After a recommendation from you guys, I fitted plain EBC discs and CL RC5+ pads all round to the Exige. I still need to reprogram my brain, it stops in no time, hot or cold, track or road. Simply brilliant! Thank you.

I'm just planning to change my pads and discs to the EBC and CL RC5+

Where do you recommend buying them from?

I got mine from EliseParts Dave. The discs are listed as OE Spec (note, not Pagid!) and came as EBC plain discs. They're absolutely stunning, the best brakes I've ever had, on any car, and I've owned 60 odd cars...

For Gods sake Dean dont start Dan off on this subject again     laugh.png         I expect it will be better with an LSD. However the sprint was the first time i had used one in anger. It only went in over this Winter. I expect it will get a full test at Snetterton     smile.png

clap.gif i'm saying nothing!

Archived