litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Anyone Fancy All The Original Austin Metro Blueprints?

Dr H

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew a girl near Bakewell whose father had an ex-works 6R4 in Computervision livery. From memory it had competed in the Rally of Portugal I think, driven by Tony Pond. Maybe it's the same car? This was ages ago - maybe 1989?

It was absolutely ace though.

Sounds like Nick Cartwright? Now Ferrari dealer.

It wasn't Nick (Nick took me for my first and second ever rides in Lotuses by the way, an Elan Sprint and an Esprit) but the same guy bought a 512 BB off Nick, and his son then went to work for Nick as an apprentice mechanic. Small world eh?

Are you coming to Lotus in the Peak Mr Cakes?

On a different subject I am sulking that no one laughed at my joke at Martin Rs expense earlier in this thread :-( :-) :-)

On a different subject I am sulking that no one laughed at my joke at Martin Rs expense earlier in this thread :-( :-) :-)

I did Dean ( pmsl ), but I have to scrounge the odd cigarette ( technically I gave up 6 years ago ) off him when I'm really drunk at the end of a Sutton meet every now and again so don't want to get on wrong side of him.

Don't tell him I said I found it funny though will you?

Mark

I did Dean ( pmsl ), but I have to scrounge the odd cigarette off him when I'm really drunk at the end of a Sutton meet every now and again so don't want to get on wrong side of him.

Don't tell him I said I found it funny though will you?

Mark

God bless you my son! I promise I won't tell. :-)

Yes, hoping so! I'm all paid up but it depends whether I'm playing cricket or not!!

Don't know what I did there but my reply is in the quote!

Archived