litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Suspension Advice Please

DeanB

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G! where you been hiding?! Hope the family are well.

You are right I can't wait to get them fitted and all set up. I will report back when I have. :-)

Hi Dean

Who have you got fitting those beauties ?

Mark

Hi Dean

Who have you got fitting those beauties ?

Mark

Mike at Tollbar Racing (at Darley Dale near Matlock) is going to fit them, set the geometry and corner weights.

G! where you been hiding?! Hope the family are well.

You are right I can't wait to get them fitted and all set up. I will report back when I have. :-)

Been enjoying family life and racing around the house trying to catch our little man now he's walking

Dean, just remember not to faff with the ride height after it is corner weighted and geo'd.  Adjusting the ride height will affect the geo slightly and screw the corner weight (not sure you will notice the corner weight but nice to know its been done).

Be good to hear what you think of these, and they compare.

Hi Dean,  I went for Nitron 46's 1 way adj 425 Fr and 550 Rr (Honda in the back so a bit heavier), I also got Nitron Inner wishbones.  The plan was to fit them and do a wishbone polish over winter, but its not geo'd, and I wont move it after the gritters have been out, until its all been washed away ... not long now - can't wait!!

Hi Dean,  I went for Nitron 46's 1 way adj 425 Fr and 550 Rr (Honda in the back so a bit heavier), I also got Nitron Inner wishbones.  The plan was to fit them and do a wishbone polish over winter, but its not geo'd, and I wont move it after the gritters have been out, until its all been washed away ... not long now - can't wait!!

Sounds perfect for you. Are you coming to Lotus in the Peak in it this year by the way?

I certainly hope to get to Lotus in the Peak Dean- something got in the way last year.  I might try and drag the GF along, but she moans whenever I drag her out in the Lotus ....

Looking forward to the breaky runs too .... missed a few last year :(

I certainly hope to get to Lotus in the Peak Dean- something got in the way last year. I might try and drag the GF along, but she moans whenever I drag her out in the Lotus ....

Looking forward to the breaky runs too .... missed a few last year :(

Talking of breaky runs, we are more than over due one!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dean,

What's the new set up like? I'm contemplating a full suspension refresh later this year, including dampers, and would be keen to know your impressions.

Cheers,

Kurt

Just get the Nitrons bought smile.png

£90 each to re build and £200 worth of new springs!! Before you know it another will go then another then......

You don't get the re bound adjustment with Billies and it is nice to have a slightly adjusted setup for the track.

Rally Design to various diameters and lengths of springs quite cheap.  Ran them for years on my old car with no issues

Dean, have you had these fitted / set up yet?

I know I was moaning about all the salt on the roads taking ages to go, but I didn't want all this rain.  I took mine up the road the other day very briefly. I've lowered the front ride height 5mm and I want to check and adjust the toe really and check the geo, I also set the dampers to full soft and try it out and adjust them up - as I'm set half way and hit a new pot hole and thought Jeez ... 

I'm itching to find time to set it up and take it out for a good test - I wanted to do this and go to Anglesey on Good Friday, but what with the weather and work I don't think I'll manage it!

Archived