Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Suspension Advice Please

DeanB

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a cost guide:

I did mine 2 years ago all new OEM wishbone bushes, replaced every ball joint with new, new droplinks, new track rods ends, replaced all wishbone bolts with new, shot blasted wishbones and gold passivated, then gave them 2 coats of POR15 clear. Refitted LSS shocks as they had only done 20,000 miles. Had to buy balljoint and bush tools too.

Not a lot of change out of £900.00 by the time I had finished.

As a cost guide:

I did mine 2 years ago all new OEM wishbone bushes, replaced every ball joint with new, new droplinks, new track rods ends, replaced all wishbone bolts with new, shot blasted wishbones and gold passivated, then gave them 2 coats of POR15 clear. Refitted LSS shocks as they had only done 20,000 miles. Had to buy balljoint and bush tools too.

Not a lot of change out of £900.00 by the time I had finished.

£900 just for parts and materials presumably?

Phil do you mean clear POR 15? Is that stuff really that good? how long does it last when you use the car all year and stones etc chip the paint?

Yep, clear POR15 Dean, it's really durable. I know I don't use mine as much as yourself but chipping has been virtually non-existent on mine. Using clear POR15 over the gold passivating gives it an OE look only more durable with it.

I'll Secound that!

Great feeling when done.

Mine cost around 550-600 but I got a deal on the bushes and ball joints (SELOC buy)

Auto bushes are a lot! Cheaper and the shore rating is between OEM and Elise parts bushes.

That's including my own sourced toe links too.

Dean - looks like you are going to have to spend some money. :(

However the amount will depend on what you decide to do and who does it.

It goes without saying that doing it yourself is the cheapest if you can live without your car for a while, but as mentioned above the most rewarding. There are plenty of rebuild threads and help on here if you go this way. It really is not hard to do.

I also did mine last year in a single garage.

Give it a go.

What work are you including in the refresh Dennis?

Por-ing the wishbones etc

New

nitrons (not sure on spec yet)

Citron rose joints

Drop links,

Ball joints

Track rod ends

Rear Toe link joints

Bolts etc

Then a geo

A bit OTT considering my use I suppose but you only do this once........or twice ;0)

Por-ing the wishbones etc

New

nitrons (not sure on spec yet)

Citron rose joints

Drop links,

Ball joints

Track rod ends

Rear Toe link joints

Bolts etc

Then a geo

A bit OTT considering my use I suppose but you only do this once........or twice ;0)

Are 'citron rose joints' like lemon flavoured Nitron ones? smile.png

Archived