litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

A Good Read In Forbes Magazine.

MSH

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, a really good read. I honestly think that Lotus are very very lucky to have Mr Gales in charge. I am hugely impressed by him - and I love the bit about him still having the Lotus brochures he got from the Luxembourg motor show when he was a kid. I can relate to that...

Forbes need to better research their geography. The caption for the Hethel photograph begins...

"Since the 1960s, Lotus has been headquartered at a former RAF bomber base in Norfolk, not far from the English Channel".

Well, I guess the coastline from the North Sea does, eventually, reach the Channel :-)

I agree, a really good read. I honestly think that Lotus are very very lucky to have Mr Gales in charge. I am hugely impressed by him - and I love the bit about him still having the Lotus brochures he got from the Luxembourg motor show when he was a kid. I can relate to that...

It is reassuring to know that the company is being helmed by an enthusiast and not just a businessman.

Forbes need to better research their geography. The caption for the Hethel photograph begins...

"Since the 1960s, Lotus has been headquartered at a former RAF bomber base in Norfolk, not far from the English Channel".

Well, I guess the coastline from the North Sea does, eventually, reach the Channel :-)

I did an American road trip a few years ago, from Chicago to LA. Based on some directions I was given, I would say 3 or 4 hours drive does constitute "not far" to our trans Atlantic friends. I was told one place I was looking for was just up the road. When I pressed for mileage, that translated to "oh, not too far, maybe a couple hundred".

I did an American road trip a few years ago, from Chicago to LA. Based on some directions I was given, I would say 3 or 4 hours drive does constitute "not far" to our trans Atlantic friends. I was told one place I was looking for was just up the road. When I pressed for mileage, that translated to "oh, not too far, maybe a couple hundred".

:lol: I agree with that. When I was backpacking in the States many years ago I remember asking for directions in LA and the response 'that's just local' was infact an hour away and made even worse that I didn't even have a car and the public transport system didn't even cover the whole city!

Archived