Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Discs Pads Fluid. Bed In Period?

KurtB

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are great aren't they! :)

Glad it was a good day mate, shame I couldn't of joined you!

How about the exhaust on full song???

The exhaust sounds great mate, lots of pops and bangs with a trailing throttle. I did get lots of power oversteer at that corner that is the start line, I honestly had the car drifting lots there. I'm a bit cack on track really, I need more practise and some tuition I think. I was getting understeer at first, but dropped the pressures (started with 23F/27R Cold) and went to 24F Hot, unknown but reduced for 5seconds at the rear. Under/ over steer reduced but still too lively for my liking.

It was great to get out in it though, and despite being a biff, the car performed well and the driver had a great time!

The exhaust sounds great mate, lots of pops and bangs with a trailing throttle. I did get lots of power oversteer at that corner that is the start line, I honestly had the car drifting lots there. I'm a bit cack on track really, I need more practise and some tuition I think. I was getting understeer at first, but dropped the pressures (started with 23F/27R Cold) and went to 24F Hot, unknown but reduced for 5seconds at the rear. Under/ over steer reduced but still too lively for my liking.

It was great to get out in it though, and despite being a biff, the car performed well and the driver had a great time!

Sounds like you have a cracking day Kurt.

If agree with Martin, the car may benefit from re doing the geo.

Jody, i have been running mine at these sort of pressures, but the race boys and teams are running around 26 hot.

However i will double check that setting and confirm. 

A good geo is worth the effort, but then its really down to spending time in the car and learning which luckily is the fun part.

Jody, i have been running mine at these sort of pressures, but the race boys and teams are running around 26 hot.

However i will double check that setting and confirm. 

A good geo is worth the effort, but then its really down to spending time in the car and learning which luckily is the fun part.

Completely agree about the Geo Alan and myself have set ours up (Al has refined his alittle more) but the difference is night and day!

The race boys are on Avon ZZR's though Al and I'm sure this makes the working temps sit in a different scope.

I've never ran these Tyres but from chatting to the Toyo chaps at the Autosport stand they said there tyres do prefer to be run with lower temps on track.

My road pressures are 20f 22r and 18f 20r on track (both from cold, hot is as last post above) that's my preference as I like a more pointy front end.

I found too higher pressure would induce slide front or rear.

If I was racing I would have tried all the pressure ranges and would have it all in a spread sheet! But as it's just for the crack it's as close as I can get.

I too had Gaz Golds and when I swapped to Nitrons (Hofman spec 450-600) again it was night and day! Such a better compliance and controllable car.

Jody, i am fully aware what the the guys are running in the race series. I have just been confirmed that they run 29PSI hot. 

The Yoko's they used to run were at 23.5 & 26.5 hot.

I was running 20F 21R cold today so would have been close to the Yoko's temps hot. Unfortunately i didn't recheck when hot. Having too much fun. However they was working very well at these temps today. 

Its all down to personnel preference and car set up though. All of the above mentioned plays a part.

Archived