litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Discs Pads Fluid. Bed In Period?

KurtB

Good stuff Kurt.

I managed to turn my disks blue last time I went on track. That's with 308mm floating discs, AP 4 pots and CL5+ pads. Troubles is I think it was from shit braking technique.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff Kurt.

I managed to turn my disks blue last time I went on track. That's with 308mm floating discs, AP 4 pots and CL5+ pads. Troubles is I think it was from shit braking technique.

And 350 bhp??    :-)

Great news they are magic aren't they!

Which discs did you fit Kurt?

I fitted EBC plain discs Jody, which according to Elise parts are OEM Spec.

Sadly Alex I have no Pax seat fitted, as I'm (ahem) waiting for 5/6 point harness fitting solutions and started to get creative :-/

Blyton (only 10 miles from home) has been my nemesis, in the 3 track days I've done there, they were:

1) throttle bodies jammed wide open

2) as above

3) exhaust too loud.

Maybe Sunday will bring success, but I'm sure going to give it beans!

I fitted EBC plain discs Jody, which according to Elise parts are OEM Spec.

Sadly Alex I have no Pax seat fitted, as I'm (ahem) waiting for 5/6 point harness fitting solutions and started to get creative :-/

Blyton (only 10 miles from home) has been my nemesis, in the 3 track days I've done there, they were:

1) throttle bodies jammed wide open

2) as above

3) exhaust too loud.

Maybe Sunday will bring success, but I'm sure going to give it beans!

The find out the part numbers now, been a busy few days with picking the Elise up from Gav and van breakins.

PM comjng your way now.

Alex have you sorted your car now? are the jobs on your list all done?

We are getting there slowly. Clam repair next as well as rad change and a few other bits while the fronts off.

Need to re work some oil cooler pipe work.

Map needs some constant speed/low rpm tweaks as an iffy iacv seems to have mucked it up while mapping.

Wheels need repainting

And a few other bits n pieces

Track day smashed. Carbon Lorraine Brakes absolutely fooking Rock! Fade free, great bite. Now I just need to be able to drive it properly, I brake waaaaay too soon. Some recalibration of my mind is required....

Yes, not bad at all. A bit limited Lotus wise but there was a rapid VX with lots of aero. A Honda Civic type R (bread van shape) broke down, I thought VTECs never went pop?!?

Archived