litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Throttle Position Sensor?

Jamie Triner

In need some buying advice if anyone has any?

Ive had a long term idle problem for a while now which comes and goes every 4 - 5 weeks. Sent it down to a local sports car garage. They did a live test and it has come up with a intermittent problem with the TPS. So I've looked on here:

http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Throttle_Position_Sensor

Am i right to assume that i can use any of the parts listed here? As someone told me that i have to make sure i get the right  one as a rover and a lotus could have differences as they might run different? 

Any help would be great!

Cheers guys

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In need some buying advice if anyone has any?

Ive had a long term idle problem for a while now which comes and goes every 4 - 5 weeks. Sent it down to a local sports car garage. They did a live test and it has come up with a intermittent problem with the TPS. So I've looked on here:

http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Throttle_Position_Sensor

Am i right to assume that i can use any of the parts listed here? As someone told me that i have to make sure i get the right  one as a rover and a lotus could have differences as they might run different? 

Any help would be great!

Cheers guys

jamie, i have a spare if you want to try it?

Hi there, 

Alex that would be great! 

I do really need to get one quick as its my daily drive and I've stolen my girlfriends car. When can I come up and try it out? 

Appreciate it! Saves me buying a part that might not work, even though the mechanic assured me its defiantly that. But then again I've be assured before! lol

Jamie

Hi there,

Alex that would be great!

I do really need to get one quick as its my daily drive and I've stolen my girlfriends car. When can I come up and try it out?

Appreciate it! Saves me buying a part that might not work, even though the mechanic assured me its defiantly that. But then again I've be assured before! lol

Jamie

PM on the way.

I get mine from the scrappy off any K Rover. Mine has a habit of eating them :)

I'm turning Into you Martin, I've got that many spares.

Archived