28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus In The Peak - Sponsored By Comfort Controls Limited

Directors

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I may have only picked up my Elise SC last Friday but i'm in and looking forward to it.

All I can say is I hope my orange car is matched by a big round orange thing in the sky.

hi dean

seems things are coming together for a great event, lots of sign ups even before lots of folks have un-sorned there motors :)

who are comfort control ltd ? great to have an official sponsor for the event.

initially thought they were the plastecine animals from the british gas adverts....and then i realised I'm getting old and that will mean nowt to most of the mloc massive !!

72 on the run so far by the way. I am starting to worry the run will be sold out in another month and some people will be disappointed. I hope they still come to Chatsworth and the warm up at The Dev. Talking of which I need to get my cravat sorted!

CCL themselves may explain what they do, or Darryl who knows them better than I but a big thank you to them for sponsoring the event.

Hi Dean. Someone needs to ask, so it may as well be me...

What are CCL actually "sponsoring" - and what effect does it have on our annual pilgrimage to the best organised club event in all of Lotusdom...?

I didn't "do the deal" with CCL but I believe they will have some discreet branding here and there.  Their sponsorship will allow us to add some nice extra touches for those that come on the day.  Apart from that everything else will be the same, but hopefully a little bit better, as before. 

It'll be interesting to see how LITP could be enhanced beyond your already wonderful event. It's very independence is all part of ithe charm.

Won't Chatsworth House "potentially" have a problem with commercial sponsorship, however discretely or overt the branded picnic napkins might be?

Hey don't panic people the sponsor aint a major thing! We aren't about to be invaded by trade stands, burgar vans or caravans, its just the same wonderful plan as in previous years, in the same spirit and with the same people however as numbers increase year by year we feel we can add to, tweak and improve certain aspects of the weekend for everyone. As most of you already know this event is run as 'not for profit' however there will be costs involved as we seek to improve the event and a sponsor gives us license to do this The amount the club will receive is nominal, any changes to the weekend will be subtle and if we do by some complete stroke of luck run in to a profit we will be making a donation to an as yet undecided charity. Simples

Incidentally Steve from Comfort Controls Limited is an MLOC member, he owns an S2 Exige and has booked on to the Sunday morning run so will be joining us on the day!

Archived