Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus In The Peak - Sponsored By Comfort Controls Limited

Directors

Lotus in the Peak

Saturday and Sunday 11th & 12th July 2015

** now available to purchase from the online store here: **

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/store/product/39-lotus-in-the-peak-2015/

Full club members get an automatically discounted rate applied in the shop.

The Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC) would like to welcome Lotus owners everywhere to our annual summer event in Derbyshire over the weekend of Saturday 11th July and Sunday 12th.

The format of the event remains as before – we have a Saturday evening meet at a great Derbyshire pub in a beautiful location.  Although informal and relaxed this year we have a theme of “cravats and high heels” for those that fancy dressing up a little!

The main event is on Sunday and begins early with an organised (and MSA approved) run through some of the very best roads passing through some of the most spectacular countryside in the Derbyshire peaks and dales.  Numbers for the run are limited to 90 on a first come first served basis -  we had 80 last year so book early to avoid disappointment!

The run includes a stop at an excellent café for pre-ordered breakfast cobs before a 90 plus car procession in to the magnificent Chatsworth Park where we gather in a dedicated area in front of Chatsworth House itself.  At Chatsworth we have a pre-ordered summer buffet, there will be a very well supported raffle and our now famous Car of the Day vote.  A link will be posted in the next few days to a short film that describes the day much better than we can here.  We try hard to make it a good day out for all the family rather than simply cars in a field and there are lots of other attractions at Chatsworth including a fantastic adventure playground for the kids, the House, ornamental gardens and maze. 

Attendees can take part in the whole event or pick and choose which parts to get involved in, but breakfast, the summer buffet and the organised run must all be ordered in advance via the online shop on the MLOC site. 

While you are there have a browse in the gallery for photographs of previous years.

We had quite a few visitors from different parts of the UK last year which was fantastic (big-up the Wessex crew!) and even one from Romania which added to the fun enormously, so we are very keen to attract more intrepid Lotus drivers from further afield this time.  As well as being very beautiful the Derbyshire Peak District has the attraction of being central so we hope to tempt some cars down from Scotland and across from Wales as well as up from the south.  We will be setting up a thread on MLOC with recommendations for B&Bs, hotels and campsites.  With any luck we may even persuade some mainland Europeans across.  It will make for a fabulous weekend break we promise you.

The event is now in its fourth consecutive year, with numbers increasing each time.  Year one saw 56 cars, year two 98 and last year we had 156 – and would almost certainly have had more had we not clashed with the Silverstone Classic meeting.  This year we realistically expect over 200 cars, weather permitting and hope to see examples of every Lotus model.  There was a very good turnout of Excels and Eclats last year and a fantastic looking array of s1 Exiges parked in formation, as well as the expected Elises.  There were also a smattering of Elans and Esprits but disappointingly no Cortinas, Carltons and Sunbeams – come on you tin-top boys and girls, where are you?

All Lotus models are welcome but they must be Lotuses, so unfortunately Caterhams and VX220s will not be allowed to park with us, although they can still park in the public car park.

It really is a great fun event.  We hope to see you there so put the date in your diary now

The MLOC team.

To access the main Lotus in the Peak section and more details, you will need to register on this site and then click here:

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/forum/129-lotus-in-the-peaks/

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome can't wait Dean count me in again will attempt to stray away on the Saturday evening and stay over (but wl confirm that bit ) but please put me in the early morning g run again as).long as Alan s1 ( aka rallyreason) is my leader ( hope he and his awesome car are stepping up to.the plate again this year ? ) X

Awesome can't wait Dean count me in again will attempt to stray away on the Saturday evening and stay over (but wl confirm that bit ) but please put me in the early morning g run again as).long as Alan s1 ( aka rallyreason) is my leader ( hope he and his awesome car are stepping up to.the plate again this year ? ) X

Good lad!

Alan is indeed stepping up,  the proper gent that he is.  I will try and remember to put you in his group,  but remind me won't you? 

Archived