litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stratstone Closing As A Service Centre

kieranexige

Really sad news.  All the guys at Stratstone have been amazing to us over the years from selling me my Elise to servicing the Exige and helping us out on a personal level on our wedding day.  Not forgetting their involvement with MLOC with their advertising, providing cars for our stand at Supercar Sunday two years running and at Chatsworth too.

Couldn't come at a worse time for them all just before Christmas and I wish Mark, Ian, Jon and the rest of the staff all the best for the future.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it's really sad. They were really helpful when I was looking for an exige and took me out in the one they had in stock. Even though I had told them it was to high a mileage and i wasn't interested.

I was going to get the wife an evora seeing as it's not a million miles away and get it serviced there. May have to re think or just got to Gav with both

I've just driven past and it's pretty much empty. One Audi convertible in the showroom and a couple of 'vehicle logistic' articulated lorries loading up - will be the Triumph bikes probably.

Even the Lotus sign is bit wonky!

Very sad indeed- they've been a help for me & we're always keen.

Lotus do need to sort the East Mids out though, as without proper coverage, it does make the prospect of buying new a rather daunting one.

Bought my first Exige from Andy there - every time I've been in the chaps there have always found time for a chat.

Big shame they're going, but ^^ that post sounds interesting....

This is a shame. Bought my elise from strats, and they have always been incredibly helpful. Mark particularly gave some great advice when it came to selling it, and also about things to look for in the evora. Above all else they came across as true lotus fans just like the rest of us. Hope they all find jobs to go to if the whole place is being shut down rather than just losing the lotus service franchise.

Lol yes would love to think I can keep helping you

How good are your electrical skills?

I need to take my head unit / sat nav out, replace it with a more standard one and put the sat nav into an old Forester...

How good are your electrical skills?

I need to take my head unit / sat nav out, replace it with a more standard one and put the sat nav into an old Forester...

I just need to check something tomorrow and then I will quote you.wot model and year of both vechiles

2013 Exige Roadster and a 2003 Forester 2.0 (non turbo, slow version)

Not bothered if it can't be fitted in the Forester - I'll just sell the unit on.

More bothered about getting it neatly out of the Exige and putting a basic bluetooth Alpine unit in.

Cheers

Archived