litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus Elise Cup Uk Regulations

DeanB

I have had a quick look online for the regulations for this championship but couldn't find a great deal of info on exactly what people do to their cars. I was looking at the 150 bhp at the hubs class. Does anyone on here know? It might be quite nice to convert mine to that spec so I could do the odd race in it if I had the funds.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought my S1 111S ready raced (150 class) so can't be certain of every mod but ones that spring to mind are:

MS radiator, Quantum dampers, rain light, plastic rear window, 1" ARB, race wheels & ZZRs, not that much else as it's production class

Otherwise it's the stuff in the regs like FIA roll cage, FIA seat from 2015 (I think), minimum weight, no forged pistons, etc

Engine mods for mine inc VVC head with Kent cams & vernier pulleys, 4-2-1 exhaust, Typhoon ECU

But that's just mine

You would probably get good input from Seloc as most of the racers are on there.  

Or if you want to talk to someone then I found Matt at Matthew Bentley Racing a great help - he's done lots of LoTRDC work and has worked on mine.

Don't know if that's the type of thing you were after?

Cheers

Dean I'm looking at doing this sprint series http://www.motorpunk.co.uk/features/sprint-series/2015-motorpunk-sprint-series/

Seems a cheaper way of doing it.

I'm doing it to see how much I like the competing side of things and also to see if I can actually be competitive.

Alex

Good find this is exactly what I'm looking for!

Im in!

Mark

Dean I'm looking at doing this sprint series http://www.motorpunk.co.uk/features/sprint-series/2015-motorpunk-sprint-series/

Seems a cheaper way of doing it.

I'm doing it to see how much I like the competing side of things and also to see if I can actually be competitive.

That looks very interesting but how does insurance work? Would trackday cover be enough or because it's timed would you need a full competitive insurance policy? Could get expensive though chasing that biggest improvement prize lol.

I doubt wether you would get insurance for this to be honest....I am certain normal track day insurance wouldn't cover it for sure.

But remember there would be nobody else on track at the same time as you so the risk is greatly reduced.

Mark

you can get insurance (Competition Car Insurance do it I expect...) but it probably isn't really cheap. I doubt there are any insurers that include it in a road car policy but I could be wrong.

you can get insurance (Competition Car Insurance do it I expect...) but it probably isn't really cheap. I doubt there are any insurers that include it in a road car policy but I could be wrong.

It's not that expensive, how else would rally cars drive between stages.....

Reg rally cars on the road may only be covered for the road. I still rather suspect covering a car for accidental damage on a icy dark forest stage might be on the steep side....

Thanks for posting the link Fentuz, I will have a look into this as at first glance it appears to look good.

The reason for my comment on not being able to get insurance for this type of thing is that this event can at best be described as 'informal' i.e. there is no affiliation to any motorsport authority such as the MSA and no regulations to follow i.e. the blue book. It's really just a bunch of like minded individuals who have rented an airfield & sprint course and time with a stopwatch!

To be fair this is exactly what I'm looking for to see how I compare to others before I get into something more 'formal'!

If I can get insurance for a reasonable cost it may help me push a little harder!  

Archived