litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Boot Release

Stig95

Hi all

I need a little more help just gone to recharge the battery this morning and I can t get into the boot. Can someone pm me the way to get into the boot? The lock turns as normal but the boot does not spring up.

It's Marks old red s2 111s which he owned before he purchased his exige. I am sure mark will vouch for the fact I bought his car if you have any understandable doubts about pm me the info.

Many thanks

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Like Alex suggested why don't you give Gav at Unit4 a call in the morning ( say it's Mark's very shiny old Red Elise and that I can phone him to confirm it's an honest request if Gav's concerned ) and see what he suggests.

He's a genuinely nice chap and very helpful, he's got me out of all sorts of mess with my cars!

Mark

You simply reach through the plastic slats with something like a small Allen key and you flick the lock undone.

Would rather not say more on an open forum but if you open the boot and look at the mechanism it is really easy to work out yourself :)

Gary

Alex lets say its a lot easier than you might think.  Gary was kind enough to send me a couple of pictures which make it obvious what you have to do when you have the locking mechanism in front of you.  Its just unfortunate that when the mechanism is stuck in the locked position you can't visualise it.  In my case all the hassle was caused by the spring popping of the placing attachment to the lock

Maybe worth knocking together a quick FAQ which can sit with the site directors, who could then pass it on should anyone else need it?  I agree with Gary that it has no place on a public forum.

Alex lets say its a lot easier than you might think.  Gary was kind enough to send me a couple of pictures which make it obvious what you have to do when you have the locking mechanism in front of you.  Its just unfortunate that when the mechanism is stuck in the locked position you can't visualise it.  In my case all the hassle was caused by the spring popping of the placing attachment to the lock

Maybe worth knocking together a quick FAQ which can sit with the site directors, who could then pass it on should anyone else need it?  I agree with Gary that it has no place on a public forum.

yeah i have to say i agree, i wasnt sure if it would be something more indepth than what you have both explained.

the reason I asked how it was done is because more often than not you get questions asked on forums and never find out the out come.

Archived