litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora (Hicup/issue) Has Happened Twice Now

P4N Lotus

Had something happen to my car twice now, but only since I had the silencer removed...

Symptoms/Circumstances

- has happend twice both with the new exhaust

- both times happend in sport mode

- both times happened under braking and when putting clutch in to put into neutral

- both times during colder winter days

So what happens , driving mildly (quick) in sport mode and both times I remember feeling this thrust of power up the top end of the revs almost like turbo sensation, like the car feels unusually quicker than it normally is, and even normally quicker than usual sport mode. As I'm coming to a stop engine, amber engine check warning light pops up and engine cuts out. Start up the car again and nothing is wrong. idle revs seem a little bit lower when start up the 2nd time. But after that seems back to running smoothly.

As mentioned this has happend twice in about two years and under similar circumstances. It's almost like a hicup in the car and like it feels as though it's gained an additional 50bhp from no where cause it just feels super quick compared to normal. Last time the car was fine afterwards. Any ideas, suggestions? I just wonder if it's connected to low battery (haven't checked, but lights, heater etc on regular now), or almost like a misfire, or overheating in the cats, or too much fuel going into the system , any thoughts?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure how the Evora diagnostics works, but if the 'engine check warning light' is coming on can you get a reader plugged in, as a fault code will be stored which should give more of a clue to the intermitant problem?

Archived