litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Light Weight Battery S2

Martin R

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a trickle charger. if im not using the car i will disconnect it. 2 mins with a 10mm spanner. The Oddessy are designed to Keep the charge for a looong time disconnected. we will see    smile.png

I'm sure you know already, but just incase, you need to make sure the trickle charger you use is suitable for the dry cell type battery that the Odyssey is. I know most half decent chargers are, just not the aldi etc 'cheaper' ones. I managed to destroy my last one with the wrong charger! Expensive mistake!

Also, I was advised they don't cope well by being on constant trickle charge. I was advised to charge it to full and then disconnect the earth lead.

Hope you're well Martin? :)

Yes they can, you just need the correct type of charger (like you also need to do with the AGM batteries).

• Can be charged with standard Lead-acid battery charger.
  • To ensure compatability with your motorcycle, ensure peak charging voltage doesn't exceed 14.4V.
  • CAUTION : must not be used with a 'maintenance' or trickle charger.

Archived