litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

It Only Started As A Brake Change....

kieranexige

looking good.

my floating bells looked lovely when fitted, any suggestions on how to keep the centres where the wheels attach from corroding / rusting on the surface, they look pants, and i don't have time to keep removing the wheels to clean them off. wondered if they could be sealed / painted, but figure the temps would cause problems ??

richbk

Very High Temp paint from halfords should so the trick

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great. They are absolutely fab vehicles. Rattles, bumps, smells, squeaks, looks, everything about them is bob on.

I want to do the shock upgrade on it but I'm a cheapskate and I keep looking for a decent set of used nitrons. I don't want to spend 1.5k on new.

I'm also tempted by a new wheel for it with a removable boss but not sure if that is really a useful mod. Just pottering really.

I did the rad, tow post, all stainless fixings, engine mounts. It's a 240 and is an angry little thing when proded ;)

It's great. They are absolutely fab vehicles. Rattles, bumps, smells, squeaks, looks, everything about them is bob on.

I want to do the shock upgrade on it but I'm a cheapskate and I keep looking for a decent set of used nitrons. I don't want to spend 1.5k on new.

I'm also tempted by a new wheel for it with a removable boss but not sure if that is really a useful mod. Just pottering really.

I did the rad, tow post, all stainless fixings, engine mounts. It's a 240 and is an angry little thing when proded ;)

Yeah i know what you mean. I'm the same but plan on keeping it for a fair few years so trying to to do it all in a month....but it's hard.

Nearly bought a set of forged 5 spoke 2 eleven wheels yesterday when I bought a few bits and pieces.

Busy day today.

Got the engine mount inserts done this morning.

It wasn't as bad as I imagined an hour and a half all in.

Mounted the diffuser with the new stainless fixings. Looks much better now.

Made a little modification to the captive nuts by gluing small rubber washers to them as a little bit of a isolater.

DSC_9117.jpg

DSC_9120.jpg

DSC_912_edit_1418676702472.jpg

Archived