litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

It Only Started As A Brake Change....

kieranexige

So I bought all new brakes for the exige from Dave at seriously a few months ago to do a simple brake swap over the winter.

Now I've got the car up in the air with the wheels off the old " whilst I'm here " comment keeps cropping up.

So far ....

The diffusers off at the power coaters for a freshen up, new stainless fixings ordered, new diffuser trim, wishbones and hubs stripped and painted, callipers stripped and painted, new brake lines, heat shields cleaned and treated, new engine mount inserts, pro alloy intercooler ducts fitted and trd airbox install....

good job the wife keeps me  fed and watered.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. It's getting bad. New rad fans and 260 after christmas.

I've got new droplinks on order tonight as ones a little worse for wear.

I painted the wishbones. I was going to powder coat them but I read allot of good reviews on epoxy mastic 121 and its made a really nice job im impressed.

• 2 weeks later...

looking good.

my floating bells looked lovely when fitted, any suggestions on how to keep the centres where the wheels attach from corroding / rusting on the surface, they look pants, and i don't have time to keep removing the wheels to clean them off. wondered if they could be sealed / painted, but figure the temps would cause problems ??

richbk

Archived