litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Mini Rebuild...

Alex B

As most of you know I managed to kill my S1 Elise at Blyton park just over a month ago.

Well I've sourced a new engine from Maidstone sports cars.

New engine specs:

160 VVC spec engine

Quaife LSD

52mm TB

4branch exhaust

Ported head

Running uprated VVC cams (being removed)

While the engines out I plan on cleaning the bay up and replace some shoddy wiring.

I also have one or two other mods planned while rebuilding.

Started the dismantling on Saturday

Managed to get the clam off (first time is done it) little awkward on your own but not impossible, also labeled up all the wiring.

32fb0017cd673bd3a9f3a5a5e78b66e0.jpg

5922d8ae8f4d3d7b3ddcd6a948fda073.jpg461fd972bb4f16f9d1d0cbd09d917690.jpge4990e02b657f92dfa019d4075998445.jpg

Alternator feed has seen better days:

c9e2ffeff1e5ccf13c09500a9c523023.jpg

What is this?

a6275f917fba6b0abd63f1e4f66e4db7.jpg

And this black box2ab39ee4c481fa274b06e7e321c941b8.jpg

Only managed an hour on the car tonight due to work. Fuel and water disconnected just drive shafts to do and then it's ready to come out.

Suspicious bit if fuel piping found tonight. Was held together with sticky tape.

cca7da14be102da8266a5c897001fe70.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed it is. Alex wear some gloves for the non fiddly bits. Good luck     smile.png     Is that the pipe that comes from the roll over valve and goes to the charcole canister. Dont throw away the old VVC exhaust cam. I may have a plan.

Alex, im going up the electroplaters this week with a load of bolts etc. You can have what you need. A new engine should never be fitted with old grubby stuff. Let me have the old ones.

Cheers Martin! I may well take you up on this. Although the new engine is spotless as are all the bolts attached to it.

Yes it is the pipe that goes up to the charcoal canister. Been cut and bodged together. Don't happen to have a spare do you?

Both my clams off and engine have been out since Friday and i didn't start till Thursday smartass.gif

What you messing about at?

Might not be back together as quick as yours as i will be doing more work while out.

Alex, has the air con pulley been machined off on the crank pulley?

No it hasn't Martin.

Both my clams off and engine have been out since Friday and i didn't start till Thursday smartass.gif

What you messing about at?

Might not be back together as quick as yours as i will be doing more work while out.

I don't have any staff to set to work on mine!

Archived