litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Bulk Head

Alex B

Well as my engine is coming out I thought I'd tidy up the bay a bit. One of the noticeably tatty looking parts is the heat/sound proofing on the rear bulk head.

I'm guessing oem spec part can be obtained via deroure, however I was wondering if there was anything else on the market that people have used?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers Chris, the gold foil is on hte shopping list but it only a heat proofing. i want to try and keep the noise down as well.

To reduce the noise through the bulkhead on mine Alex I fitted an 'underseat and bulkhead' carpet set from Scrappington. There's a layer of wadding that fits against the bulkhead and then the whole lot is covered in carpet, down underneath the seats but stopping at the treadplates. You can opt to cover the treadplates and footwells too if you wish.

Some info here:-

https://sites.google.com/site/scrappingtonsgbbo03/series-1-and-2-3-piece-set

To reduce the noise through the bulkhead on mine Alex I fitted an 'underseat and bulkhead' carpet set from Scrappington. There's a layer of wadding that fits against the bulkhead and then the whole lot is covered in carpet, down underneath the seats but stopping at the treadplates. You can opt to cover the treadplates and footwells too if you wish.

Some info here:-

https://sites.google.com/site/scrappingtonsgbbo03/series-1-and-2-3-piece-set

Phil, wrong side of the bulk head. 

im after something to replace the engine bay side heat and sound proofing because its looking tatty.

however a scrappington carpet set is on the christmas list, more for an aesthetic reason than anything.

Alex- when I get back from my hols I will start looking to try and find a ideal replacement for the standard stuff. There has to be some that is at least as good for heat and sound, yet much thinner. After all my car is over 17 years old and you would think that technology would have developed a great substitute?

If I find anything I will let you know.

Alex- when I get back from my hols I will start looking to try and find a ideal replacement for the standard stuff. There has to be some that is at least as good for heat and sound, yet much thinner. After all my car is over 17 years old and you would think that technology would have developed a great substitute?

If I find anything I will let you know.

http://www.thermotec.com/products/14100-cool-it-mat.html

Found a uk retailer that does the 24'' x 48'' sheets for £36+vat

Alex, have a look at dan webster honda conversion thread. Dan showed how and what needs to be done.

On Seloc, there is the thread from stef (zero something) who rebuilt his s160 which was Dan's car for a while

Archived