litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ordered A 2Bular

KurtB

After pushing aside hair brained ideas of V6 Exige's and tatty Lotus 7's, I made a call to Jim Valentine yesterday. After several emails earlier in the year, I placed an order for a manifold, CRP, sport cat and 8" system for my Scholar 1.9 S1. Jim (who is a damned nice bloke btw) offers a quick cat change system whereby the cat or CRP are retained with V band clamps, which make things considerably quicker the swap out. Aviation pneumatic systems are awash with this method of duct joints, so I am more than familiar with how effective these clamps are. The most amazing news is that Jim says the full system will be with me a week tomorrow, which is considerably sooner than the 4-6 weeks lead time I was expecting! I look forward to having a track compliant system (current set up is 107db @ 4000rpm!!) and hopefully get out more often.

I'm off to Snetterton this coming Saturday after which the manifold attachment nuts will be soaked with penetrating fluid until Thursday when I start the transformation. I'm looking forward to getting on with this

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope it does Dean. Jim recommended the 8" system for the 1.9K to make it track compliant but assures me it'll still sound good.

Great stuff Russ, I look forward to seeing the shiney bits!

Archived