litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Safety Recall 2014/01R

Eric

Now booked mine in at Allon Whites, as others have said apparently it's not a clam off job if the pipes come off the oil coolers easy enough, a clam off job if they don't, most will probably be the latter!

They are allowing 6 hours for the job either way.

The letter says "approximately 4 hours" which sounds very optimistic to me.  If all goes well then maybe its possible but 6 hours sounds more realistic.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

All sorted now, great job by Allon Whites, clam off, luckily the hose connectors came apart easy enough but a damaged oil cooler meant an overnight replacement from Lotus. Thanks to Paul, Mike and Julie at AW for sorting :-)

Had a new stainless (powder-coated black) tow post fitted at same time, another cosmetic job worth doing if anyone else is having the clam off are the spot light brackets, mine is a low miler but the brackets were pretty rusty so an overnight de-rust and repaint plus some stainless bolts and good as new again!

• 2 weeks later...

mines booked in at chris neals nantwich for jan 2nd.

fingers crossed i am getting the v6 demonstrator for a couple of days. whilst they have it :)

please don't snow, please don't snow, please don't snow !!!!!!!!

Mines being done tomorrow at Silverstone..........like you, on one hand I want a V6 demonstrator, on the other I don't.....not sure my marriage could take it if I get seduced by an impulse purchase!!

Another impulse purchase....

Another impulse purchase....

Well had an Audi Alex so no impulse purchases here!!!!.........Yet!

I have to say was a pain free experience although they had to replace the oil coolers on mine as well. Very good service actually if I did not have loyalty to Gav I would definitely use Silverstone, Pam is pretty efficient.

They had a LF1 in the showroom ....mmmmm.......maybe if I do some man maths.....

• 1 month later...

Brilliant. To be fair I had a peak behind the arch liner and the unions look pretty corroded.

I asked Pam and she said it would depend on if it had to come off on the labour to fit the rad.

Looking forward to taking it and getting it all done. Well my wallet isn't.

Would love to have a v6 for a test just to see of course

Archived