litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Safety Recall 2014/01R

Eric

Has anyone had the oil cooler hose work carried out yet?

I got two official letters from Lotus this morning announcing that the recall kits were now available for dealers to order.  One letter referred to the Exige (with its pesky twin oil coolers) and the other to my previous Elise SC!!

I don't know who bought the Elise because the deal was done through Stratstone, but Lotus will somehow need to trace the new owner.

But.... if someone in Wales just happens to be reading this and you bought a pristine, immaculate, stunning Caynon Red Elise SC (with cream leather interior) from Stratstone around May 2011, I suggest you get in touch with Lotus via [email protected].

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expecting my confirmation today, Silverstone would be closest, really not looking forward to trusting someone to get the front clam off without causing some damage...

Mine dropped through the door too.

Where's everyone taking there's? I was thinking stratstone but not sure if they can still do it?

May take it silverstone and just get the 260 done whilst it's in

Yes Stratstone are official Lotus service dealer

Mine is going to Stratstone in two weeks time. They were very informative and said the fix may not be a clam off job. The hoses are ok,it is the fixings that are the problem. They were crimped on incorrectly.

The fix involves disconnecting the fittings, chopping them off and putting new fittings on. The clam only has to come off if stuff is stuck. I specifically asked if they can fit my big brake kit at the same time as it needs a clam off to get the hoses fitted.

If the recall States that the front clam must be removed to fully check all affected parts and replace that must be the correct way.

It seem the recall is to stop oil leaks getting on tyres , Engine which could be a possible engine fire .

Lotus must make sure the cars are safe .

Now booked mine in at Allon Whites, as others have said apparently it's not a clam off job if the pipes come off the oil coolers easy enough, a clam off job if they don't, most will probably be the latter!

They are allowing 6 hours for the job either way.

Now booked mine in at Allon Whites, as others have said apparently it's not a clam off job if the pipes come off the oil coolers easy enough, a clam off job if they don't, most will probably be the latter!

They are allowing 6 hours for the job either way.

Say hello to Julie for me ,

Archived