litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

135 Mgtf Cams Fitted To My Std S1

jody391

Sounds like a good mod Jody, good work! I will be selling my Exige exhaust inc manifold if you feel the urge, just let me know. (available from mid Nov)

Cheers,

Kurt

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Been talking to (pestering) Jody a lot about this mod, and I've purchased a 135 head + cams, another set of cams, a digital vernier to measure lift, and a alloy inlet/52mm throttle body (So far I'm in the hole £150, but need gaskets, locking tool and seals.)

I'll be doing a little how to if anyone's interested, covering how to ensure the cams are fine, they're correct, and how to fit, with some pics. Then a Dyno run to see if it makes a bit more powersssss

Granted, I'll be doing the same mod on a S2, I've bought another set for a mate who hopefully will fit them to his S1, and can grab a few pictures of fitting the ignition stuff to his too.

The only difference between a 135TF and the 120TF is the cams, throttle body and inlet. Wanted to check if the inlet side is slightly ported to match inlet but it isn't! 

IIRC standard cams have 9mm lift and 135 cams have 9.3mm lift. To measure the lift, take a set of verniers. Measure across the round part ( at 180 degrees from the pointy bit ) It should read around 30mm. Then measure the pointy bit from the back of the round bit. This should be around 39mm or so. Take one from the other for the lift.

I also have a feeling 2 x VVC exhaust cams used in a standard head will give good gains?

These guys make 9.5mm, not 9.3mm

This website has some good info too!

• 2 months later...

Ok so having the cams in now for a little while tonight myself and Marcus decided to get the cars on the Dyno, (We have just put Marcus a set of 135 cams in too) so here are the results (red line is my std cams from a 2013 run and green line the new run:

image.jpg

So all in all its a great little mod for the money ????

Excellent result Jody.....

I often question myself why I ever went sown the slippery slope of big power ?

You cant escape the fact a 170 bhp or lower K is a cracking motor. Built right it will last for 100K and dozens of trackdays with a following wind      :)

Archived