litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

135 Mgtf Cams Fitted To My Std S1

jody391

I decided to spend a little and see how this would turn out, having looked into the 135 cams it seems that the only difference between the std car and the 135 variant is the cams.

I purchased a set of 135 MGTF cams and spent the afternoon with my old man dropping them in, the 135 doesn't run verniers But prob with them could be better.

Well the result is a very small amount of torque loss between approx 1600 - 2700 but a big difference above for a relatively std engine (ITG and S2 manifold).

The car now revs up to just under 7k which took some testing when you are used to a peek of 5750!! :0

Including the new seals, cam cover gasket and rotor drive it cost £185, not bad for a little power gain :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to spend a little and see how this would turn out, having looked into the 135 cams it seems that the only difference between the std car and the 135 variant is the cams.

I purchased a set of 135 MGTF cams and spent the afternoon with my old man dropping them in, the 135 doesn't run verniers But prob with them could be better.

Well the result is a very small amount of torque loss between approx 1600 - 2700 but a big difference above for a relatively std engine (ITG and S2 manifold).

The car now revs up to just under 7k which took some testing when you are used to a peek of 5750!! :0

Including the new seals, cam cover gasket and rotor drive it cost £185, not bad for a little power gain smile.png

That's pretty good going!

Does it still idle like stock ?

Numbers were stamped on them and apart from having to take a leap of faith from the seller.

You could see that there was no excessive wear on the lobes or journals, and this was confirmed by my pops with god know how many years experience in the trade!

I did call to ask if the part numbers were correct etc and the guy was excellent.

Save up for a 4-2-1 to get the torque back     :)

Martin would you think this is possible even without head work?

I

I tried a 4-2-1 and it did seem to be better, however as it was a QED it was slip jointed and leaked.

The S2 manifold was a huge improvement but is a little more restrictive lower down.

Wouldn't the smaller of the bores be better?

Dobbo what's the damage on the manifold?

I tried a 4-2-1 and it did seem to be better, however as it was a QED it was slip jointed and leaked.

The S2 manifold was a huge improvement but is a little more restrictive lower down.

Wouldn't the smaller of the bores be better?

Dobbo what's the damage on the manifold?

I may have a tubular for sale..... You Might have to fight Alan for it mind.

Archived