litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

My New Exhaust Manifold - I've Been Spending Again!

Dr H

£315 + vat

Just the manifold, to reduce engine bay temps. Will probably fry the CAT now as it will get a lot hotter!

That was what I was wondering, will it really pass the heat down the system and transfer the heat issues ( as often suggested on SELOC)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly. If it keeps heat in then it has to go somewhere. The CAT is a metal substrate (not ceramic) so should handle heat better. Also the packing in the silencer is Acousta-fil which is rated at 800 degrees Celsius - time will tell I guess!

Possibly. If it keeps heat in then it has to go somewhere. The CAT is a metal substrate (not ceramic) so should handle heat better. Also the packing in the silencer is Acousta-fil which is rated at 800 degrees Celsius - time will tell I guess!

Let the mother f**ker burn!

De-cat then put it back on for MOTs

Steve I had a decat pipe made as well and it's all v-banded so dead easy to change,

This is it just after fitting and just before it was all taken off again to have it ceramic coated.

15448909346_7cc2ce0b76_c.jpg

It's also had a flexi added in since this picture.

Dropped the manifold off with Gav for refitting today. Told him I expect him to wear white cotton gloves when fitting it smile.png

Is the exhaust a 2bular one Leigh? I'm thinking of getting one for the Exige.

Kurt, it's not a 2bular. It was made by Nortech Performance in Rotherham. They tend to do fast Ford, Vauxhall and VW type stuff but did Jamie's Time Attack monster Honda Exige so thought I'd give them a go. The owner has a Type R that he's tuning up to mad horsepower too.

It really is incredibly well made.

I sober what they will charge for a race cat (I would like to have a cat back on my S1 one day?

Do you mean I wonder what they will charge?

Not sure what Mine was as it was priced for the manifold and then the cat / silencer. I reckon a 100 cell cat with a decent level of coating on it might be £350-400 ish?

Do you mean I wonder what they will charge?

Not sure what Mine was as it was priced for the manifold and then the cat / silencer. I reckon a 100 cell cat with a decent level of coating on it might be £350-400 ish?

Stupid ipad predictive text (or sausage fingers)

£350 seems steep considering the cat is only about £80 and little work would be required, your lovely looking manifold looks much better value for money.

Stupid ipad predictive text (or sausage fingers)

£350 seems steep considering the cat is only about £80 and little work would be required, your lovely looking manifold looks much better value for money.

The cat I have is a metal substrate 100 cell race cat.  It's coated to a Euro 4 standard. It's not cheap. Pretty much the same price as a 2bular of the same spec. Standard cat is much more restrictive and a ceramic substrate. If you have normal horsepower they will be OK, as I have 370 odd I need a bit more flow! smile.png

The manifold was actually £800 ish plus VAT, the £315 mentioned above was just to have it ceramic coated.......wacko.png

Archived