litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Cheap Clams On Ebay

chip2257

hello all! 

I'm not in need, just curious...

There are some cheap (£300ish) lotus elise clams on eBay, why are they so cheap compared to the other main suppliers? 

Heavy, poor knockoffs or are others just charging a premium?

As a thank you, enjoy this picture of a Lambo and GTR that came to work for a play today, not too bad... (GTR walked it!)

post-5284-0-83130300-1411748235_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the £15 fake Rolex will still tell the time possibly even better than the original.

Lotus clams/grp were not always the best, who knows the copies may even be better

My point is irrespective of quality, you are comparing apples and oranges, that is the core of my statement . The items are different.

Forget the watch analogies. I never mentioned fakes, that was another

The op posts an ad for a full clam, then posts an eBay ad for a small clam and asks why are the prices different.

Let's assume ad 1 is an apple, if the item in ad 2 is fundamentally different to the item in ad 1(by different I don't mean a copy, I mean the item is a completely different part) , it can't be another identical apple. Let's assume it's an orange. Or an elephant. I suppose the pedants out they may want to argue it's a different apple :P

The core (see what I did there) of the issue is that the op's attempt to argue something is overpriced by virtue of a comparison of different items is flawed. Now where's my brietling....

PS entries have been deleted in this thread so it's logic has died. Links were posted to other ads which have now gone, comparing dissimilar items but it appears the op can't delete entry number 1

Forget the watch analogies. I never mentioned fakes, that was another

The op posts an ad for a full clam, then posts an eBay ad for a small clam and asks why are the prices different.

Let's assume ad 1 is an apple, if the item in ad 2 is fundamentally different to the item in ad 1(by different I don't mean a copy, I mean the item is a completely different part) , it can't be another identical apple. Let's assume it's an orange. Or an elephant. I suppose the pedants out they may want to argue it's a different apple :P

The core (see what I did there) of the issue is that the op's attempt to argue something is overpriced by virtue of a comparison of different items is flawed. Now where's my brietling....

PS entries have been deleted in this thread so it's logic has died. Links were posted to other ads which have now gone, comparing dissimilar items but it appears the op can't delete entry number 1

Can we call it a ' giraffe' rather than an 'elephant' that way I will find it easier to understand!

Maybe he just doesn't have a clue what he is selling, it does not mean that's not a original one ... Possibly just found it in the back of a garage ..

Look at the seller, he knows exactly what he's selling.

Too many horror stories about that particular seller and I really wonder how they got 100% feedback.

Archived