litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

A (Potential) Visit To The Battle Of Britain Memorial Flight.

KurtB

The teeth are angled in the direction of exit, and are pushed down by tyres and any bodywork they touch. They are fairly well sprung and damped slightly I would say. When I went over them in my Exige, the thump felt considerable when the front wheels rolled off them and I cringed, nay sweated, at the sound of the scraping. Having looked close up, no damage was done, but the film of dirt on the floor probably helped with that.

If you have any forward facing protruding scoops under car, and they are a bit wibbly wobbly (ie less than 1mm ali, they may be a bit vulnerable, but NACA ducts (non protruding) will be fine.

Kurt

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Richard (Mr Reg) has sent my information along with his?

If Not... I'm Elaine Jordan. And I'll be in the same Esprit as Reg, with my Driving Licence as I.D. :)

See ya's on Thursday,
E. :)

I did get details Elaine, thank you.

Leigh, and all, if we exit before 5pm we'll leave by a different exit, so no dramas with the claw thingies.

Kurt

Mutley00, I still need details please. Can anyone give Andy a nudge please?

The teeth are angled in the direction of exit, and are pushed down by tyres and any bodywork they touch. They are fairly well sprung and damped slightly I would say. When I went over them in my Exige, the thump felt considerable when the front wheels rolled off them and I cringed, nay sweated, at the sound of the scraping. Having looked close up, no damage was done, but the film of dirt on the floor probably helped with that.

If you have any forward facing protruding scoops under car, and they are a bit wibbly wobbly (ie less than 1mm ali, they may be a bit vulnerable, but NACA ducts (non protruding) will be fine.

Kurt

Hi Kurt, sure it will be OK. Just a little cautious after the £250 repair bill to the S2 when driving over one at Roslleston Forestry Centre!

This is presuming the car makes it.It's not moved for about 2 1/2 months and I'll be picking it up from where it's stored and setting straight off to get to Coningsby.

Right folks,

Details submitted, so last few things for you on the day.

1.  Arrive at the BBMF Visitor Centre Car Park on Thursday 02 October by 2.15pm (I hope to be the last person to arrive at that time, dictated by my daughters nursery). 

2. Bring your formal UK identity (No ID equals NO entry, simples).

3. We drive to and book in at the Guardroom (Please read the posters and adhere to FOD awareness, jet engines suck and are easily damaged by the grit that falls out of your cars tyres), then we will drive to BBMF and park somewhere nearby. Please adhere to red lights and stop signs on the unit, the military police get a buzz out of catching people out.

4. I will run in and book in, get briefed, run out, brief you. You guys will be waiting outside, where it's LOUD due to lots of Eurofighter Typhoons smashing around the sky. Don't get drawn in, it's not a real warplane ;-)

5. We go in, and I'll talk for a bit, and keep you following me around the hangar.

6. If available, BBMF will put one of their aircraft out for us. 

7. We position the cars, get photos and then leave the unit, letting BBMF engineers put the aircraft away and go home themselves.

8. We post our images on this thread.

I think that just about covers it. If there's anything else, please ask away. I hope you all enjoy it and I'm not too dry. It'll be my last visit to BBMF, a place that has been very dear to me for years. See you Thursdays folks :-)

Kindest Regards,

Kurt.

OK, I'll be the one to ask.... Will there be a naked bar? ohmy.png cool.gif  :D  ;)

Don't think we've ever been on a base where it hasn't ended with some form of nudity. And one visit was for a Christening! laugh.gif

E&R. bum.gif

What a brilliant day out that was. afro.gif  
Thank you very much for inviting us, Kurt. We wish you a long & happy retirement.... And if you get bored, you can always join the Reserves. :)

Thanks again,

Elaine&Reg. :) :)

What a brilliant day out that was. afro.gif  

Thank you very much for inviting us, Kurt. We wish you a long & happy retirement.... And if you get bored, you can always join the Reserves. smile.png

Thanks again,

Elaine&Reg. smile.pngsmile.png

As Mrs J said a great (and interesting) afternoon. Thank You very much! :)

Kurt - you're a star. I could have spent all week in there looking at the planes and chatting with you about them. Thnaks for organising this, it was definitely worth getting the 340R out of the garage for smile.png

Have a good last day tomorrow, and enjoy your retirement, although as you could tell today I'm just a bit jealous that you are retiring at such a young age!

Funnily enough my pics are very similar to Reg's, so might post some of them if I can find ones that show something different.

Elaine / Reg - your Esprit really does look like a true supercar. As you passed my you looked all calm and cossetted inside. I feel like I've been beaten round the head .........

Archived