litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Oil Hose Recall

Wildspark

On a positive note Lotus customer service has been 1st class, emailed on Sunday response first thing this morning asking for confirmation of my VIN. Response back less than two hours later!

On a not so good note it definietly affects ( or is effects ? can't be arsed to check ) my car and I do wonder if I would have been contacted if I hadn't contacted them?

So if in doubt email customer services, to be fair I can't praise them enough, I was gobsmacked that I got such quick responses!

Mark

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is a Exige 2004 N/A race premium pack, do you reckon I am in the list ? I will call tomorrow but I would like to know before if maybe one of you knows really what cars are targeted ..

If you want to be 100% sure send an email with your reg number and VIN number tonight to here.....

http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/ownership/customer-service

and you will probably get an response tomorrow morning.

Simples!

Mine is a Exige 2004 N/A race premium pack, do you reckon I am in the list ? I will call tomorrow but I would like to know before if maybe one of you knows really what cars are targeted ..

All 2zz-ge Toyota engine cars, made between  23/09/04 to 21/11/11. Doesn't affect the the K series rover or the 1zz engined elise or the newer 2zr engined lotus elise S.

HTH.

Another potential consequence of sudden oil loss would be catastropic engine damage - yikes.

Certainly worth checking the oil level before every single trip.  I've used Silkolene Pro S 5/40 (now Fuchs Titan, of course) since new and normally don't get any oil consumption at all, so any dip in level would ring alarm bells very quickly.

Archived