Last Tax Disc

a7esk

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems you qualify if:

Vehicle tax exemption Eligibility

You can apply for exemption from paying vehicle tax if you get the:

The vehicle must be registered in the disabled person’s name or their nominated driver’s name. It must only be used for the disabled person’s personal needs. It can’t be used by the nominated driver for their own personal use.

• 9 months later...

Problem with hybrids as I see it

1. You have to have 2 engines

2. Batteries use lithium - very eco-unfriendly

3. Batteries are heavy

4. Batteries don't last long and are expensive - Nissan Leaf offer a battery lease service.  If you do 10500 miles a year that will cost you £85 a month or £1020 a year.

5. They are nothing like as good as makers claim.  It is noticeable that on the Prius website they quote CO2 (89g/km) but not mpg. I know a few people with Prius and mid 60s mpg seems typical.  I get 55mpg out of a  6 year old 1.6 diesel C-max so a lot of compromises for not very much.

Battery technology has got a long way to go before the old IC engine is threatened for efficiency

Problem with hybrids as I see it

1. You have to have 2 engines

2. Batteries use lithium - very eco-unfriendly

3. Batteries are heavy

4. Batteries don't last long and are expensive - Nissan Leaf offer a battery lease service.  If you do 10500 miles a year that will cost you £85 a month or £1020 a year.

5. They are nothing like as good as makers claim.  It is noticeable that on the Prius website they quote CO2 (89g/km) but not mpg. I know a few people with Prius and mid 60s mpg seems typical.  I get 55mpg out of a  6 year old 1.6 diesel C-max so a lot of compromises for not very much.

Battery technology has got a long way to go before the old IC engine is threatened for efficiency

I'd still not say no to a Mclaren P1 ;)

In seriousness though, the Mitsi Outlander PHEV's are absolutely flying off the shelves at the moment by all accounts!  I suspect they will out number Leafs sometime this year.

TBH all the manufacturers are going to go hybrid IMO, it's such an easy way for them to cheat the CO2 rating system,

I have 2 outlander PHEV's on the fleet (a 4h and 4hs) neither get plugged in but they are very slllooooooooooooooowwww......

We have a A3 Etron that is ok but the boot is quite small.

We have 2 merc C350e's on order and about to order myself an estate version, 9 months wait is a bit of a pain though

Archived