litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Urgent Help

chumaxa

Ok, I am coming back from holliday, I never had the problem before (using car often and not for very short journey) but the battery of the car is low and I can't obviously open it or start it, means can't open the boot too.

What are my possibilities at this level ? 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I am coming back from holliday, I never had the problem before (using car often and not for very short journey) but the battery of the car is low and I can't obviously open it or start it, means can't open the boot too.

What are my possibilities at this level ? 

Remove the front access panel (3 allen key bolts) on the passenger side, and you will find an emergency battery post for jump starting.

HTH

Si

Ok, is there any recomendation for the jump starting, like things you shouldn't do on the Lotus ? 

Sorry might have given you a bum steer. TBH The AA used that point for jump starting my Exige when I had a flat battery many years ago, BUT... 

Having just read up on it and it is really just to get central locking working, so you can access the boot. From then you have access to the battery itself, and should correct directly to that like any other car (I.e. only connect the positive, and the negative somewhere away from the battery to avoid explosion risks)

Ok the only response of the car was, tac tac tac ... we jump lead at the front to open the car, then jump lead in the boot to try starting it, I can desengage the alarm, so no red point on dashboard, but then when I turn the key, I only have tac tac tac (noise)...

But considering where I live, and the car's place, I don't see how I could plug my battery charger..

Ok cool, so you now have the boot open?

Couple of choices now: Take the battery out of the boot and put it on a trickle charger overnight. Alternatively go down Halfords and buy a new one. they aren't mega money, and if it's old and been flat a while it probably will never hold a good charge again.

I ask the guy who came to the car to sell me a battery(kwikfit), he told me no because of the warranty, they have to check battery's life first to replace it, wtf ... even telling him that I don't care about the warranty ... I need to find how to get to halfords then. And yes all is opened now.

Great news you've got the car sorted!

You are right sometimes a good blast out  is great for getting your head straight. (esp. in such a great car)

Glad it was just a battery.  I would be tempted to get the alternator checked, just to be sure, it's a PITA jump starting as you've found out.

Archived