litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Track Day Insurance

MSH

Who uses what company and what is a reasonable amount to pay for cover for say 6-8 sessions?

I've had a couple of quotes but they were miles apart so made me question different levels of cover offered and what sort of excess is normal.

I've never taken out track insurance before so would be interested to hear other peoples experiences.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who uses what company and what is a reasonable amount to pay for cover for say 6-8 sessions?

I've had a couple of quotes but they were miles apart so made me question different levels of cover offered and what sort of excess is normal.

I've never taken out track insurance before so would be interested to hear other peoples experiences.

Most people get it included with their car insurance, 5/6 days a year is the norm with a few companies offering unlimited days.

Excess tends to be either 10% of cars value or road excess plus £1000

How old is the "classic" car if you don't mind me asking? Not sure if I'd get away with that as my car is only 5 years old.

It is only 8 years - but it doesn't need to be old - a Lotus is a "future classic"  - they advertise on this site "Classic Line Insurance"  http://www.classiclineinsurance.co.uk/

Archived