litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Replacing Evora Door Pull Handle

P4N Lotus

Maybe Amoss will be able to help. So my evora inside door pull handle broke, piece of shit plastic. I've ordered a new handle, anyone know how to replace? Or have a diagrams of how it screws in. Is it a door side panel off or will it ne able to be done without removing anything significant. It's the door pull handle not the release handle

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My understanding is that the door panel will have to come off as I believe that the inside door handle is held by 4 screws from behind the panel. There is a cable from the handle to the latching mechanism which has a clip to connect it to the handle.

I have some information updated in late 2011 which I will extract and send to you (service notes, parts diagrams).

Update : official Lotus service time to change one interior door handle is 20 minutes so shouldn't be too difficult.

My passenger door pull handle snapped off a couple of weeks ago (on back order) the handle is held on with 2 Allen screws which you access by taking off the top cover on the handle (it should just pull off). I will post a photo tomorrow.

Assume you mean the pull handle rather than the door opening mechanism.

Ah, if it just the pull bit I can see what Mark means, and there are are differences on MY12 cars when the sill button was removed..

This is the parts diagram (section 10.17) for the pre MY12 cars, The component labelled 3 is the assembly I referred to and you can see the 4 screw locations.

It is also shown as a complete assembly in the parts list.

10_17.gif

Ah, if it just the pull bit I can see what Mark means, and there are are differences on MY12 cars when the sill button was removed..

This is the parts diagram (section 10.17) for the pre MY12 cars, The component labelled 3 is the assembly I referred to and you can see the 4 screw locations.

It is also shown as a complete assembly in the parts list.

10_17.gif

Sorry it's not this handle, it's the pull door Handel , it's not a catch releases it's like a bar

4af06ccded9c48e2f6bc8e8b6cab114e.jpgb890e5da5f250988d1bde07b09aa6f54.jpg

Top cover of handle is held in place with some spring clips and should just pull off the base allowing access to where the bolts are......unless like mine the handle broke off these!!

Cheers Mark. It's the bottom part which has cracked on mine, is it an easy change? Or is it likely the back of the bolt is likely to drop behind somewhere lost for eternity when unscrewing

mine arrived today. was really simple and quick to fit actually. Just don't drop the washer as the hole is too tight to get your fingers in. That sounds very wrong!

5 mins, saved me £25 garage or £50 dealer cost. its threaded so nothing to drop out of the back. Considering I have no DIY ability I'm surprising myself. powerfold mirror switch installed now handle replaced. Cheers Mark and Amoss

Archived