Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Midlands Lotus Track Day?

MSH

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of dates I've seen:

Donington Park on the 19th September. (National circuit.)

Oulton Park on the 23rd September.

Do either of those appeal to anyone? I'm leaning towards Oulton myself. I've no experience of Donington but I have heard it's sometimes a bit hectic due to pro outfits unofficially testing on the track days there. Is that something others have heard of or have experience of?

I think it is the LONE guys who book blyton out with Javlin. If they don't fill it up after enough time, then Javlin open it up to the public. Low risk for Mloc if we did the same.

Lotus on track is by far the best in my opinion. Everyone has decent expensive cars that they care about, so the standard of driving is excellent. If I have complained about a driver it has always been taken seriously and sorted straight away.

With LOT on your first track day you get one session of tuition free and you can buy more.

Schooldays are always best for me. For the above reason and also less earache from the Mrs as she is complaining of being a Lotus widow already. I'll look into dates. I'm guessing somewhere like Donington or Rockingham would suit best?

Ah yes, lotus widow, I've got one at home too !

So, I've posted in the Blyton NYLOC topic, for

31st August, so aiming for that as first trackday.

Just need to tell the wife now ....;-)

Blyton seems to attract a lot of kit cars, who seem like an enthusiast crowd. Track is too 'boring' for electronically stabilised cars, or super powerful cars. so they seem to stay away too. So it's a good bet, even on non lotus exclusive days.

Archived