litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Midlands Lotus Track Day?

MSH

Is there or has there ever been an MLOC track day? I'm guessing there's lots of people on here who love to thrash around a circuit given the chance.

If there's never been one what level of interest would people have in one happening?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there or has there ever been an MLOC track day? I'm guessing there's lots of people on here who love to thrash around a circuit given the chance.

If there's never been one what level of interest would people have in one happening?

I think you'd get a lot of interest but depending on price and locAtion my change your numbers a lot but count me in

Do you mean with the Lotus-On-Track guys, or are there other days? I'm new to the whole Lotus thing so very much finding my way at the moment.

Is there a part of the MLOC forum where members can arrange to meet up on track days?

Do you mean with the Lotus-On-Track guys, or are there other days? I'm new to the whole Lotus thing so very much finding my way at the moment.

Is there a part of the MLOC forum where members can arrange to meet up on track days?

Events section,

We tend to use lotus in track

Javelin

Book a track

Plus other depends on locations and dates.

Ok, I'll have a scan there and hopefully see some MLOCers on track soon :)

If there's a particular date/track you fancy start a topic up n you'll more than likely get some other takers.

Trackdays - any school day (no longer do weekends due to idiots in £500 cars with nothing to lose, doesn't mean to say they don't come to weekday track days either but there's a lot less of them!! IMHO) and I'm in!

Schooldays are always best for me. For the above reason and also less earache from the Mrs as she is complaining of being a Lotus widow already. I'll look into dates. I'm guessing somewhere like Donington or Rockingham would suit best?

Trackdays - any school day (no longer do weekends due to idiots in £500 cars with nothing to lose, doesn't mean to say they don't come to weekday track days either but there's a lot less of them!! IMHO) and I'm in!

That is why I generally stick to lotus-on-track days.

Schooldays are always best for me. For the above reason and also less earache from the Mrs as she is complaining of being a Lotus widow already. I'll look into dates. I'm guessing somewhere like Donington or Rockingham would suit best?

I did Rockingham the week before last with IanC from MLOC and we had a fantastic day.

From my experience ( 2 track days there ) Rockingham, on their own days booked directly are really,really  good with very low numbers. It's a big track and you can really get some speed up as they use part of the oval which was originally designed for Indy car racing ( but the Americans weren't too keen on driving in our weather! so it never really took off )  and I would have said there was less than 20 cars in total attended on both days, which meant you had to work hard to find cars to overtake!!

On overtaking though, as a point of interest, be prepared for them to allow overtaking on either side, now I have never seen this at any other track day I have been on, and when they first put it to the vote of the track day attendees and they voted for it, I have to say I was a little nervous! However having now done 2 days under these rules I actually find it much, much better and more enjoyable. I would point out though that the overtaking is done under consent.

As an additional piece of circuit trivia, the reason Rockingham raceway was built where it is, is it actually has one of the lowest rainfall counts in the country! Although it did rain for the last 30mins the other week rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Mark

Edited for spelling and punctuation - although we are a nice bunch on here so no one really takes the p... unlike SELOC where you need a degree in English language!!!

I did Rockingham the week before last with IanC from MLOC and we had a fantastic day.

From my experience ( 2 track days there ) Rockingham, on their own days booked directly are really,really good with very low numbers. It's a big track and you can really get some speed up as they use part of the oval which was originally designed for Indy car racing ( but the Americans weren't too keen on driving in our weather! so it never really took off ) and I would have said there was less than 20 cars in total attended on both days, which meant you had to work hard to find cars to overtake!!

On overtaking though, as a point of interest, be prepared for them to allow overtaking on either side, now I have never seen this at any other track day I have been on, and when they first put it to the vote of the track day attendees and they voted for it, I have to say I was a little nervous! However having now done 2 days under these rules I actually find it much, much better and more enjoyable. I would point out though that the overtaking is done under consent.

As an additional piece of circuit trivia, the reason Rockingham raceway was built where it is, is it actually has one of the lowest rainfall counts in the country! Although it did rain for the last 30mins the other week rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Mark

Edited for spelling and punctuation - although we are a nice bunch on here so no one really takes the p... unlike SELOC where you need a degree in English language!!!

I did one of rockinghams own days last year school day track day.

Very busy, terrible driving standards and the staff did nothing about it.

I had a great day at Rockingham last month. It was in a Z4 not a lotus so loads of go down the straight bits and the back end hanging out a bit on the twisty stuff. I love the international circuit, very fast and technical. On the day I attended it was strictly run with overtaking on the left only. No boy racers and the highlight for me chatting to the great guy who was driving his Lotus Elan. The same car he's been hill climbing and sprinting for over 25years.

Archived