litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

More Emerald Woes..

Alex B

Alex, if you are getting an RPM reading in live adjustments i cant see it being the crank signal. Can you set it up so a passenger can watch the screen as you drive it for clues? Like the crank signal dropping out as you drive? If it revs ok whilst not moving you may well have a none Emerald problem as well?

this would be my thought as the revs are smoother when stationary will find out tomorrow...... hopefully

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think that deserves a run out in it now it's fixed! Glad all sorted now. Map cost 400 so I'll do it for half price!! Lol!

Haha. Would you pm the details for the guys who mapped it? It will be going there, as I'm impressed how good it is.

Datum Motorsport did it. Good guys. Great engine build on mine too.

I would also suggest looking at timing in the future as mine wasn't making much power as set at DVA. Might of just been my engine characteristics.

Datum Motorsport did it. Good guys. Great engine build on mine too.

I would also suggest looking at timing in the future as mine wasn't making much power as set at DVA. Might of just been my engine characteristics.

Will give them a call n get it booked in ASAP.

Only issue I have with your map is it tends to take two turns of the key to start (while warm) but I'm sure it'll be something simple.

Well done mate. I was starting to get worried....

:)

Wouldn't have managed it without the help of MLOC

Not normally an issue on mine. But these maps are car engine specific. So could be many reasons why. The map on mine is set to squirt fuel as soon as ignition made. Emerald std config is to read 2 crank revs until it fuels from memory. Not sure how you check that. Glad that you're at least up and running now!

It probably needs tweaking on the cranking enrichment. It has different values depending on temp? I would not worry about it for now.

Seems to have solved itself...

Having just got back in from a 30/40mile drive, Stu's map bounces/kangaroos when at stead rpm/speed.

Will see if I can make it any better tomorrow afternoon however if not I'll be going Le Mans in the clio

Archived